When to start weighted Pull-ups and Dips?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BoxBabaX, May 26, 2005.

1. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Bodysolid ones? I think they can take quite a lot, aren't they pretty good?

2. Humble Guy

Humble Guy New Member

Nah Adam,

I meant the number of reps I'll be able to do will be a round number, as in zero! :D

One? :eek: I'll keep trying!

3. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

They are strong but as with a lot of fitness equipment, the engineering design is what lets it down. I take it you have seen the dip bars I have before? They rely purely on the weld to take the strain and if the weld goes it could be disastrous. With the weights I am using now for the dips I am starting to think that I may need to look elsewhere. I am currently working on building a chin and dip station as a little project. All the ones on the market are just not heavy duty enough, are of poor design/quality, or too bulky to fit in a bedroom. My one is going to solve all these issues at a fraction of the price. I will post a pic up here when I do it. I just need to buy a welder and I am all set to go.

4. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

haha thats awesome man, make sure to tell me how it goes :D

5. Combatant

Cheers mate. I got the metal now, all I have to do is get it chopped and welded. Any welders on here that fancy some cash in hand work? :D

6. Ad McG

You could just make some parallel bars mate.

7. WeenusBandit

WeenusBandit New Member

It really depends on what you want. If you want to big and bulky, then do less sets of weighted excercises. If you want to be ripped and toned, do no weight but a hell of a lot more reps.

8. Ad McG

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

9. Out of interest, why not do weighted reps and lose the fat. Then you'll become more ripped, and strong. :)

I'd rather be big and ripped than skinny and ripped :)

EDIT: Looks like Adam saw this first :woo:

10. Combatant

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! :p

11. Combatant

Thats fair enough but the design I have got is going to be awesome. the metal that I have 'rescued' from a skip is already partial in the shape I am after, you would not believe it. All I need is the welder which is about £100 for the one I want.

12. Ad McG

Cool. Post some pics up of your work in progress! :)