When is Juliana fighting again?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by maressa, Dec 17, 2014.

1. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

Does Juliana Pena have a fight scheduled yet? I t was a devastating knee injury she suffered but she says its much better. I want to see her in the UFC soon. I loved how she made Shayna Bazler eat her words.

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Her coach thinks March or April of next year. They'll give her someone at the bottom of the top 15 to beat up to shake off the ring rust and to remind people that she exists.

3. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

Shayna was so arrogant going into their fight. How can an experienced fighter like her not know that pride is a weakness?

4. holyheadjch

She thought the competition was beneath her. She felt that she'd already earned her UFC contract and that she shouldn't have to compete for one against a load of up and comers. Honestly, she probably had a point.

Then she ran into Pena and she went from trailblazing veteran to bitter has-been in the length of one episode.

5. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

I like Juliana. She is like a real life version of the characters Michelle Rodriguez plays in movies.

6. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

No, not a good point. The fact that she lost to Pena proved she wasn't above the competition. She ran around that show acting like she was on par with Rousey and had nothing to learn from her.

I do feel bad for those pioneers in WMMA that just are too old or haven't evolved enough to be good enough to reap the benefits of WMMA hitting the big time. It must be frustrating to pave the way and see the beneifts pass you by.

But they aren't entitled to a UFC contract. The UFC gave them a chance by letting them in that house. AND she got a fight after that and lost. The UFC gave her a chance.

No, she didn't have a point at all.

7. holyheadjch

She had a strong record going into the show. You could easily make the argument that she should have been offered a UFC contract earlier. She was 15-7 at the time the show was being put together - there were lots of women in the UFC without that kind of record. Now there could be a lot of reasons why the UFC hadn't picked her up, but her bitterness is understandable.

8. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Did you see that kind of bitterness from any other WMMA pioneer? No, you didn't. Baezler has a really poor attitude.

No, I disagree- it isn't understandable. Not at all.

Oh, and she had a poor entitled attitude before the UFC and TUF. I know it was close, but I totally thought Mcmann took their fight. But Baezler whined and complained, just like she did after losing on TUF.

And if you read some of her blogs after TUF, you can see her attitude is just generally poor. (No, I didn't follow her blogs, but they were topics of discussion on another forum.)