What's your workout routine?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Karate_Man_1288, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Karate_Man_1288

Karate_Man_1288 New Member

Just wanted to know.

I'm about 5' 6", 130 lbs. I strech before each workout. (every leg stretch imaginable, arms, back, everything) I do 20 push ups (knuckle, not with palm), then 20 sit ups, then 15 push ups then 15 sit ups, etc down to 5 of each. Then leg lifts, hold for 15 secs. Up again, scissor legs for 15 secs. That = 1 set. I do 3. Then I do forty sit ups, but this time my left elbow to my right knee. then I do 40 for the vice versa (right elbow to left knee). Then I do all the forms I know (purple belt, TSD, I know 13 forms), Then I Shadow box. Then I take a 3 min water break. if I'm up to it, I repeat the process.

Please share yours if you have one, or make suggestions.

~Tang Soo~

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  2. mystererae

mystererae Valued Member

I'm 4'11, 100 lbs.

I stretch before every workout as well... I do two separate workouts a day. The first is soccer, we run a quarter mile or so warmup, and do quite a few stretches. Then we'll run, usually around a mile and a half a practice in jogging, and half a mile in sprints. We also do a lot of ballwork, in the end we practice two hours and most of that is jogging or running.

My second workout is martial arts. We stretch, do twenty minutes of cardio kickboxing, maybe 100 bicycle crunches, 50 situps, and leg lifts. Then it's half an hour of padwork. A second hour will be Wing Chun, maybe full contact sparring or chi sao, forms, or anything else.

At home I'll follow a similar pattern.

3. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Four days of weights, two days of martial arts, 1-2 day(s) of sprints, 1 day of sled dragging. This week or the next I'll be adding car pulls, tire flips, keg throws, and either atlas stone carries or farmer walks to the sled drag day.

4. ClubbellTrainer

ClubbellTrainer Fitness Coach

I don't see any description of rest periods or days off. Is there any reason none of you have included this as part of your routine?

5. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rest period?? What rest you talking about?? :cool:
    :D

6. Karate_Man_1288

Karate_Man_1288 New Member

I'll sleep when I'm dead :Angel:

7. samharber

samharber New Member

5'10, 195lbs, 20% body fat.
    Monday, after a 5 minute stint on the cross trainer to get warmed up, i do deadlifts, squats and bench presses. 3 sets of 10, not quite to failure
    Tuesday, cross trainer then abs, lower back, upper back and shoulders, 3 sets of 10 each.
    Wednesday, repeat monday
    Thursday, cross trainer, arms and shoulders, 3 sets of ten
    Friday, Repeat monday.
    Sat and Sun rest.
    Of course, thats an ideal week. I rarely get to do every day.

8. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

I'm sure some of them do some of their activities on the same day, for example, Samurai wrote the routines he does, but if we add up the days he listed, he's working out 8 or 9 days a week. I know he's dedicated, but, come on. :p So, some days off are implied, not to mention active recovery workouts, such as sled dragging. More often than not, an active recovery will be more beneficial than a day of complete rest.

P.S. - Samurai, if you mean to tell me that you bought your own atlas stone, I'm moving in. I'll jump in the car and drive down. I should be there by New Year's. :D

9. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I'm currently doing the GTG weights program 4 days a week- i.e. squats, bench presses, deads and chins done to less than failure and loaded to 85% of 1 RM. I also do shadowboxing basically whenever I have the time and sessions on my bag 3 times a week.

10. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

LOL...hey, it just so happens we're moving into a new house that has an extra bedroom.

Actually, the atlas stone is home made or will be home made by this weekend using a beachball, paper machete, and concrete.

My weekly workout more in depth, changes slightly from time to time but this is pretty much how it is for the next week or two. In a week or two it will change because there's this guy that thinks he can challenge me with this program he's building...we'll see :D

M-full body-->bench, back or hack squats, dips, rev hypers, deads, bb rows, pull ups or chins, and sometimes glute-ham raises
    T-EDT arms+MMA (occasionally Kenpo or TKD)
    W-sprints
    Th-full body (occasionally TKD)-->timed set speed bench, grizzly bear, depth jumps, and db swings
    F-EDT arms
    S-MMA, teach MA class, Hapkido (occasionally Kendo)
    Sun-sled drags

So, there it is. And McG, if you say anything about my arm workouts I challenge you to the mats for a game of tap-out!

Yeah, looks like a bit much, but I also know when I'm nearing that overtraining monster and back off accordingly.