What's your strongest position?

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by RandomTriangle, Mar 10, 2007.

1. RandomTriangle

RandomTriangle Valued Member

OR... what's the strongest aspect of your game?

i.e. passing an open guard... maintaining mount... transitioning from side control to back... whatever :)

2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Side control seems to be working quite well for me just now. If only I had a couple of half decent subs from it! :D

3. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

I personally think my escapes are my strength. Mostly because I get to practise them so often!

I think I'm good at maintaining mount, but as soon as you start thinking like that you roll with someone who can reverse you in .5 seconds.

4. Atharel

Atharel Errant

I'm getting pretty good at taking the back from guard or half guard, and if I can get there it almost always means I'll get the finish.

5. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

My best position is definitely side control. I seem to have a knack for shoulder pressure and I have more success with the keylock sub from side control than any other submission. I've been working on ways to trap the nearside arm with my legs and stuff like that.

Passing guard is improving. As with most other aspects of my game, I have 3 or so passing techniques that I focus on, and I'm getting better. Mostly for me its keeping a strong base and moving methodically through my techniques.

6. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

The position where I have my opponent on his back and my legs wrapped around his arm. I'm usually able to get a sub from there...

7. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

I don't have a best position. I like to work for submissions when I roll but I rarely get them...If I get one, it's usually an armbar from guard or keylock from mount.

8. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

sicko, it was'nt meant to be sexual :woo: :D

9. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

10. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

If you think that was sexual, you should see me when I'm sexual! :)

11. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

mister

Attached Files:

12. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

my ground game sucks, against a complete noob I own but against anyone with 1 stripe in bjj i get owned.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  13. Fishbone.

Fishbone. Banned Banned

Yuck?

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

[Moderators Hat = On]

For God's sake, grow up. You do not get 'raped'. Stop abusing the English language and engage your brain to create more 'correct' posts. We don't stand for that type of talk on MAP.

[Mod = Off]

15. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Yeah. Round these parts we say pwn3d! ;)

But really... it sounds like you need to find a BJJ school. As a guy with one stripe, I can assure you that I know very little about BJJ.

16. sprint

sprint Banned Banned

side control aka 100 kilos is my best position.

from there i have many attacks

17. fanatical

fanatical Cool crow

Guard. Most definately.

Edit: More specifically submissions from the guard.

18. EternalRage

EternalRage Valued Member

guard & half guard

19. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Kuzure Kami Shiho Gatame and Mune Gatame.

20. ninjaman111

ninjaman111 Valued Member

well strongest aspect is arm locks from all positions, i focus on them alot since they are aloud in almost all grappling competion... exept bicep slicers!