What's your favorite high impact takedown?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by TheMightyMcClaw, May 28, 2007.

1. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

ippon seoi nage

2. I'mKira

I'mKira Banned Banned

Really? Please, expound.

3. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

I don't think he's allowed too on MAP...

4. Baichi

Baichi Valued Member

Let's say you've hit a slick arm drag and are now behind him, both standing (or however else you've gotten there). From behind you take a cross-wrist, keeping his arm tight across his own stomach and using your other arm to keep his elbow of that same arm pinned to his side (looks like he's holding his arm across his own abdomen). Using the control you've now got, push him around a little. (If he's smart he'll be working on your wrist control, if he's just kinda smart he'll sag down and try his luck from the ground). If he's dumb like most people he will eventually push back against you. At that point you can (real quick-like) release the hold on the elbow(or the wrist, but you'd have to be pretty quick), reach right up the crotch and grap his own arm that is still across his stomach while lowering your hips and letting his momentum move back toward you, and then--liftoff! Huston we have liftoff! You can really arch all the way through the throw, taking him over you and planting him on his neck, or shift your position mid way while maintaining control of his hips and drive your own body weight along with his into his head as you drive him sort of sideways into the ground.

Or things to that effect.

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

lifting double leg

6. liero

liero Valued Member

fave takedown...roundhouse kick to the face

YOU GO DOWN NOW SUCKAH

7. Torre

Torre Valued Member

Kata guruma. It's hard to pull off for me due to my height, but if it works, they fall even harder. But usually I just stick to a basic hip throw.

8. Haste

Haste Scream

I like the double leg takedown, but instead of just charging them, lift them up a little and then slam them down headfirst. Fast, cheap, and usually effective.

-Haste

9. TalkingHalls

TalkingHalls Valued Member

Double Leg Take down, I learned it in my Judo class and its very effective haha
    i saw it off of Human Weapon too
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1svT1ujwB8"]Human Weapon Pankration - Double Leg Take down - YouTube[/ame]

10. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

My new favorite one I learned last Friday - set up with O Uchi Gari, left the lead leg, then shoot O Soto Gari on the base leg. They drop like a sack of potatoes.

11. Baichi

Baichi Valued Member

Not necessarily 'high impact' though.

12. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I'm not too sure about the numbers human weapon run though. i mean over a thousand pounds of force?

13. Panzerhaust

Panzerhaust Banned Banned

I actually went over those with my physics prof one day and their numbers are very exaggerated even if you consider attacker and defender to weigh near 300 lbs their numbers are still often far too generous

14. Baichi

Baichi Valued Member

There is a little disclaimer at the end of the show that says all moves are done while falling off a 5 story building wearing 1000lbs weights.

15. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

the russian roll. but most commonly used is the 'chair.'

16. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

OsAtO-GaRi

Nothing like OSATOGARI, major outer reaping throw with a little extra hip ride to get the proper vertical landing (Feet over head of course). Cranium on concrete...GAME OVER!

Spookster

17. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

One of the hardest throws I've done is the o uchi gari, osoto gari combo. You do the o uchi gari to pick up the one leg then jump forward and reap the remaining leg. You can really knock someone's molars loose with that.