What's your favorite high impact takedown?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by TheMightyMcClaw, May 28, 2007.

1. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Just curious, what are you favorite ways to put someone down HARD on the mat?
    As much as I love hip throws, when it comes to slamming someone, I find double and single leg lifts are the most enjoyable. I want to get good with the standing kata guruma/fireman's carry, but that is a hard one to pull off.

2. Drunkenfist

Drunkenfist New Member

Ducking under a jab, putting your shoulder in hard to attackers lower abs. Then stand up lifting them onto your shoulder. Them its up to you how to drop them.

3. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Not entirely sure what a high impact take down is, and i'm fairly weak and don't like grappling much. I like supinating locks to make people throw themselves to the floor :D
    That or Chi Gerk to the inner thigh, highly amusing

4. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

Seeing your opponent fall is AWAYS nice! It is even sweeter when they have no idea how to break fall.

I like sacrifice throws. I do not know that they are my favorite. I also like speed throws ........any thech. that makes them bounce off of a hard floor. :woo:

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I like either the reverse hip throw or the shoulder throw. It's particularly amusing if they don't know to keep their leg up when they land from those two to avoid the Nut Sandwich of Doom :D

6. Agutrot-

Agutrot- Jack of all Trades

Uchimata.

7. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

High double leg hip swing OR Firemans carry

8. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

nine pellets of #00 buck.

(what?)

9. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

double leg :D *SLAM*

10. Emil

Emil Valued Member

I like Yama Arashi, except being a JKD man, I have obviously modified it. When it can be used, it is devestating.

11. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Hiplocks are always good.

*puts of wwe nerd hat* tho one of these days I'm going to pull of a spine buster :D

12. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

The only one I've pulled off in competition is Harai Goshi, I've also managed to pull of a nice ippon seionage before without going to my knee's. I guess te guruma as well though the way I do it it isn't that high impact :D

13. Panzerhaust

Panzerhaust Banned Banned

For competition a good hip throw is all I need to knock the wind out of someone.

For street fight a nice heel hook and then landing the point of my knee in their stomach with my lower shin hitting their crotch.

14. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPY5PUNDmaA&feature=related]Double leg sweep.[/ame]

15. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Ones as displayed here:
    [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94[/ame]

16. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

Double Leg

17. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Any Tai toshi tecnique ...especially a dropping version !!!!

Smurf

18. Baichi

Baichi Valued Member

If you can take someone's back while standing, you can potentially really put a hurt on them.

19. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

General Crosses the iron bridge aka suplay.

20. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Koshi Guruma
    Sumi Otoshi