What’s the going rate for private lessons?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Monkey_Magic, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

Prices for a private at my local MMA and Muay Thai gyms are £35 and £30 per hour. For fighters who compete the price is flexible. Both gyms have put out world-calibre fighters so the level of coaching is without doubt.

At the end of the day though an instructor has the right to charge what they want, and the customer also has the right to think it's overpriced and not buy a private! Business is business. If the instructor is really charging too high a price then they'll stop getting customers.

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Figured I'd throw in my 2.0

My fee depends on the service I deliver. Standard exercise for weight loss / muscle building is £40 per hour. Strength and conditioning programmes and sports therapy treatments are £50 per hour. 1:1 flexibility coaching is £150 per hour, though clients typically sign up for 12-week courses (2x coaching sessions a week) for £2,700 (25% discount on the per hour price). That last figure may seem like a lot, but I'm the best in the world at what I do. Charge according to what you think you're worth, not what you think others think you're worth.

pgsmith, Thomas, axelb and 2 others like this.
  3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

4. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Honestly, £150 p/h for world-class consultation doesn't sound expensive at all to me.

When you consider what people charge in other sectors it's peanuts in comparison.

5. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

I dated a girl that had world class flexibility. She was a natural though, so she didn't require coaching. :)