Whats so bad about satanism?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Banpen Fugyo, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

I havent had enough time to read a lot of the Satanic bible, but the more I read it, the more I like it. Besides its obvious contradiction to Christianity, its actually very well worded.

Nine Satanic statements
    I Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!
    -Is that evil? Since when is experiencing things bad?
    II Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
    -So 'he' represents the Self
    III Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
    -Self knowledge instead of following others...hmm
    IV Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
    -Kinda mean, but doesnt seem like a bad idea
    V Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek!
    -Dont necessarily agree with
    VI Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires!
    -Make sense
    VII Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development, has become the most vicious animal of all!
    -Oh so very true, it seems satanism is quite "Natural"
    VIII Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
    -You only live once right?
    IX Satan is the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!
    -LOL, oh so true.

---------------------

Satanic Rules:
    I Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

II Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure that they want to hear them.

III When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

IV If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

V Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

VI Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the person and he cries out to be relieved.

VII Acknowledge the power of magic if you have used it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

VIII Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

IX Do not harm little children.

X Do not kill non-human animals unless attacked or for your food.

XI When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Haha, I like that last one.
    --------------
    Satanic Sins:
    For years, people have asked Church of Satan representatives, "Well, okay - your philosophy is based on indulgence of human instincts but do you have sins like any other religion?" Our answer has always been "No". But the time has come to amend that response. We have grown steadily over the past 21 years and find that it is appropriate to have some clear guidelines on, not only what we strive for,but also what we work to avoid - what we disapprove of. The difference is where other religions develop sins that people can't avoid, we consider a number of things "sinful" that people could avoid if they worked a little.

Stupidity -- The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

Pretentiousness -- Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn't applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone's made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

Solipsism -- Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won't. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of "Do unto others as they do unto you." It's work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.

Self-deceit -- It's in the Nine Satanic Statements but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it's fun, and with awareness. But then, it's not self-deceit!

Herd Conformity -- That's obvious from a Satanic stance. It's all right to conform toa person's wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.

Lack of Perspective -- Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints -- know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies -- Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something "new" and "different," when in reality it's something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the "creator" and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

Counterproductive Pride -- That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you've painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, "I'm sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow," then do it.

Lack of Aesthetics -- This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but "an eye" for for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It's not what's supposed to be pleasing -- it's what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one's own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.
    ------------------------

Also, this isnt devil worshipping, as worshipping anything would be against satanistic teachings, and would just be an inverse of Christianity. Instead "satan" refers to anything you wish it to be. It seems that this religion is based on self knowledge and self awareness rather than "evil". In fact, a lot of makes sense. So whats so bad about these principles? Besides it going against your perfect Christian mindset? You can twist the principles of satanism for evil, but you can do that with any religion. It kinda represents freedom to me. Any thoughts?

And i swear to satan (haha) if i get a stupid post that says "because the bible says not to" or "god doesnt allow it" im gonna be really ****ed. Plus it'll just prove satanism as a fallable religion even more. So come on you sheep, give it your best shot. :)

2. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

WOW! when i first saw the title i thought "oh crap, this is gonna be bad. but i like this idea, and this seems to have a solid tangible intelligent well founded ideal system, i might have to look into this.

3. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

where did you get this info from?

4. jonmonk

jonmonk New Member

I think they're the posting rules from bullshido.com

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

did you read the whole thing jonmonk? its really not a bad set of ideals at all. this isn't "evil" its smart.

6. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

BWAAAHAHAHAAAAA!

I'd rather be a sheep than a goat, any day.

Hmmmm, this all seems to translate to "if you believe as I do, then you're a smart independent free-thinker; if you don't believe as I do, then you're just part of a herd, blindly following some leader. What's wrong with this picture, folks? :D

7. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

revised statement

<EDIT>

here come the "unweilding" religious "fanatics" who are going to be "offended" by this because it contradicts their "beliefs"

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  8. jonmonk

jonmonk New Member

Yeah, I read it a couple of times. It looks like fun!

Can get philosophical about it too, it really celebrates 'humaness' doesn't it?

9. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

from what i can gather this is just promoting us to act naturally. enjoy ourselves, don't hurt kids, and do what we need to get what we want. yes there can be bad reprecussions to this, but same applies to christianity. i'm gonna look into this alittle more and if i find it has a few too many flaws for me or some of the other beliefs don't suit me i'll drop it, but for now this seems pretty solid.

10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

oh and just so you know aikimac, { who i guarantee will be in here very soon} i'm not downing god, still got a few days to go. i'm just saying that this seems like a good idea.

11. Kinjiro Tsukasa

I'd watch it if I were you -- this is pretty close to a personal attack -- not allowed here at MAP. If you can't respect other peoples' beliefs, then don't expect them to respect yours.

And you can edit your previous post instead of double-posting.

12. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I didn't read it all yet, but will.

It seems to me that these ideas represent the opposite ends of the scale.
    On one side you have hedonism, selfishness, indulgence etc. the other puritanical, altruism, abstinance etc.

Duality, ying and yang anyone?

As for me I'll continue to try and walk the middle path, and find my balance, although I regularly find myself in the arms of satan :D

...and yeah, i'd rather be a goat, than a sheep, they're cooler :cool:

:)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  13. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

that sounds exactly like any religion I have heard of... :)

personally I am with Geo here... I like to walk the path of balance... too much good is as bad as too much evil...

14. Kinjiro Tsukasa

All the more reason for people not to set themselves up as superior to others because they believe <fill in the blank>. :)

15. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

absobubbly correct KT... :)

Now if only we could tell those who believe in <fill in the blank> that... ;)

16. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

It looks like unbridled hedonism to me. Take statement VIII, for example: "Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!" Really now, some sins are sins because the actions cause suffering later. Celebrating present pleasure (statement VIII) at the cost of future suffering is good for corporations, sure, but very bad for people.

I'm wiser than that, thank you.

Statement XI is the opposite of civility. "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him." Come on, this is anarchy, and hedonism at it's worse. Destroy him?! That's the the opposite of civility, the opposite of forgiveness, the opposite of love even. We can't do this and maintain a "civilized society."

17. Jasonds23

Jasonds23 Banned Banned

I agree and I think that for the most part keeping good, good, is good.

18. Len

Len Valued Member

Notice there is nothing in there about love. It's all about you. Even beauty is a big thing with this religion. And you know what beauty is? Skin deep superficialty. It's nice to have but it shouldn't be a person's obsessive goal. Nothing about self-sacrifice, forgiveness, putting others before you, peace, helping the unfortunate, etc. Gee what a great religion. Yeah there are some common sense stuff in there that is logical but all that stuff is icying on the cake. It's the child abductor sitting with his car door open waving a piece of candy around for any unsuspecting, spiritually-unaware person. If you want to get involved with it, it's your choice but I am telling you it's not a good idea. There is a Satan and that's all sugar-coated common sense to get you hooked and interested for the more serious and deep stuff later on. How do I know all about Satanism? My dad was involved with that stuff for many years....the real stuff. He knows about the Satanic Bible and he said Anton Lavey puts all that stuff in there to make it look harmless. If it's called "Satanism", it's cause Satan is in it. If there is no Satan and all that stuff is just common sense stuff then you don't need it cause you can learn all that from a philosophy or morals/ethics book. But apparently it does a good job at hooking people as I now see. When I was young, I was witness to an actual exorcism and you have this 9 yr old girl throwing off 6 full grown adults. Ok about now you are thinking I am making this up or she was on some kind of strength-enhancing drugs right? (common answer). But that doesn't explain chairs and tables moving on their own where she had no physical contact with them. The windows were opening and closing by themselves too. Lights were flickering on and off. After hours of using the name of Christ and fighting with the evil spirit, it finally left. I was terrified but it proved something to me....there is a Satan and there is an invisible force of evil that manipulates and influences mankind. If there is Satan (a negative), there is also good (God). Satan's biggest weapon against man is to convince him that he doesn't exist. Therefore no defense is created against what a person considers to be an imagination so Satan can come and go as he pleases. My dad told me "Satanism is essentially about selfishness. It's all about you. Everything is "be as beautiful as possible, return eye for an eye, if someone hits you, you knock him down and make sure he doesn't get back up, it's about the indulgence of the flesh and using the natural feelings of man to step on others to get where they want to achieve their selfish goal. Althought ultimately Satanism is about sellling your soul to Satan. That's the final step when he has you in deep already. All of this is opposite to God where the religions of light talk about selflessness, giving of yourself, learning true happiness in the act of giving itself, spreading peace, showing love to all....even your enemies, etc. This stuff is harder to do than Satanism because it forces you to mature and see outside of the "box" of your own agenda. Anyways before I go on, I'll let the originator of the post reply and see what he has to say. I kind of think I know where this is going to go even though he hasn't responded yet :rolleyes:

19. Banpen Fugyo

Your semi-right with those opinions. But if I could nit pick every thing in the Bible and not try to understand the entirety of it, i could as just as easily dimiss it for its "teachings". Pehaps, what statement XI is saying, is that instead of bothering people or "being civil" as you said, you could just mind your business? What is bothering anyways? Afterall, YOU are the one that decides what is right and wrong, civil and uncivil, bothersome and normal.

Hm, i have to disagree. In fact, its the exact opposite. Its giving some guidelines on how to maintain individuality and self awarness by giving GUIDE lines as to how far it should be taken. Since one could say "well, i want to be an individual, and i want to rape women for fun, and you cant tell me its wrong, because i believe its right" Perhaps, just like the bible, it makes a point that there IS a line of right and wrong. Rape is wrong, in any culture, it goes against human nature.

I think satanism isnt just evil "do what i want, when i want and cause chaos" but it is the yang to christianity's yin. Its the counter statement that lets everything remain UNchaotic. In fact, it even states that without satan, there would be no church (as we know it).

I still dont believe in one truth. But therefore I'm believing in Satanism. Its a conuundrum ( isnt that the right word? ) By stating that i want to be individualistic and not wanting to adhere to a system of ethics/religion, I am inadvertantly saying that I am a satanist.

Its a very humanistic religion.

To find out more goto:

www.satanism101.com
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/satanism.htm
    http://www.exposingsatanism.org/satanism_facts.htm

If you read some more about it, i suggest reading the letters that this guy Sean wrote, while serving time in jail. Its pretty sad, he believed himself to be a satanist, but he had never read the bible before. Which goes against what satanims believes in. Knowledge is power friends.

20. Banpen Fugyo

Len, your right. I was in no way saying i was gonna be a Satanist. Perhaps, I dont want to delve any further into the "higher" teachings of satanism, but am just interested in what it has to say? You are speaking like a true christian i have to say. Not only is satan "evil" but you also believed someone was possessed by a demon. K... well it could be, but i personally dont know, and sorry, i WONT take your word for it. All this thread is about is food for thought. Thinking outside of the normal box and seeing what other things have to offer.

By the way, why does it have to include love, forgivness?