Whats MMA?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by bodyshot, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

^^That reminds me, wonder what Frank Dux is up to these days. :whistle:

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

He could tell you. But then...

3. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

Didnt Mr.Dux claim at some point that he was a spy .

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

That's what my mind jumped to too.

5. bodyshot

Well Frank Dux was cool for a few years, didnt Jean VanDam star in some kind of movie about this Dux guy. Idk anything about fronk Dux lols, you guys brought that up not me.

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

He was never cool man, he was/is an outright fraud!

7. Kave

Kave Lunatic

What people are trying to subtly tell you is that the lineage of your art is fishier than a fish shaped fishing boat full of 2-week old fish.

8. bodyshot

Wow well thats really offensive, and you know the man that founded that system fought and killed for this country, and hes now deceased, might I add that he was a decorated officer and one of the classiest men you could ever hope to meet. You kinda owe me an appology for that and I certainly hope you arnt often that rude my ...friend. Oh btw I guess while Im at it he was also a board member for the American Kendo association..."How do ya like that". Bruce Lee.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  9. Kave

Kave Lunatic

I owe you nothing. I'm trying to be honest and do you a favour by straight-up telling you the same thing everyone else here is either implying or thinking (all the references to one of the biggest frauds in the martial arts Frank Dux). If the lineage you have been told is genuine then great. Honestly I don't even care about lineage, I am more concerned that an art works. However, a thousand variations of the story you are telling about the lineage of your art have been heard a thousand times on this website, and they have always been false.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm saying that you are a man who has probably been lied to. If you find that offensive I really couldn't care less. Do your research, if I'm wrong then it's no big deal. If I'm right will that change how you view your art?

10. Devon

Devon Valued Member

The better modern Bartitsu schools do spar, with the overall aim of re-discovering the tactics of the original style:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_LtP6QiVzI"]Bartitsu sparring part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l96r5rggUkw"]Bartitsu sparring part 2 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

I agree the most of it isn't relevant to modern MMA, though; the old-school boxing stance is too vulnerable to leg pickups and obviously the stick fighting isn't applicable to MMA rules.

11. bodyshot

Wow dude your way way way outta line here good sir, if this were a banquet is that how you would speak to me, that is just not classy and im going to go ahead and forgive that, and suggest to you that maybe there is a great reason youve never seen anything about the combat martial association and really I dont think two or three people represent everyone.
    I really just wanna refuse to believe that your talking to someone you dont know like that, it kinda disturbs me. Your not a traditional martial artist Im not either but how on earth can you tell me where I come from if for the past two days youve stomped your feet and claimed that nobody has the right to tell you what "MMA" is because you and only all the people like you know what reall "MMA" is and thats because you prep to fight like they do in the UFC
    Brother what part of my story confused you, the combat martial arts association started out as a spec op martial arts association inclusive only to legit operators who taught non traditional martial arts. Where do you think those guys figured out how to choke people to death sir, not hangin on the block or in a cage or any of those other venues, yet its just not MMA because its not worthy right, there not worthy of your approval right.

12. bodyshot

Here let me help ya Im gonna post some information for ya.

13. Kave

Kave Lunatic

Here is an example of another (fraudulent) martial artist who doesn't just claim to be a board member for the American Kendo association, but the founder and chairman, as an example of what I am talking about (relevant text in red):
    Bio of Grandmaster Agrella

14. bodyshot

Kave be considerate of dead war heros and realize that it goes against alot of my principles to prove anything to people and all for my own special reasons...But since I feel like it here ya go, Google Dr. Christ opher Kemp Northwest Missouri State Martial arts club...ok.

15. bodyshot

Well that post you listed above is just crazy, I dont know that guy but it sounds like hes either one of the deadliest men on earth or hes a total nut job lols but how the hell would we know I mean seriously dude I think your an alright guy, I got no problem with ya just dont dis Doc and were cool ok.

16. Kave

Kave Lunatic

I have googled, and it is not good:
    Link
    Christopher Kemp was/is a seller of ranks by mail-order: Proof

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this.

17. bodyshot

Kave brother your wrong, look at Northwest missouri state martial arts club articles from the colleges year book, he was a green beret and served for many many years.
    Why would think that poseing as a legit mixed martial artist is a new concept bro how on earth would you know if doc signed that guys certs or not, simple you wouldnt non of us would except Doc and the people that know him. Bro lols, he wouldnt do that unless he knew you were a spec op's operator or a student of one that he had already signed off on. Kave look clearly, look deep look through the real Bull Hocky.
    Oh go look at big 12 again btw, I added a better example of the self defense techniques.

18. bodyshot

Maybe it would be better if you read his Obituary, where it talks about his millitary service and the fact that he was a pretty outstanding man heres the web site bro. DWjohnson.tributes.comobituaries /christopher kemp 1934-2014...And be careful how you talk about that man sir.

19. Kave

Kave Lunatic

Did you read the ad I linked to?
    [​IMG]

20. bodyshot