What's in your weapon bag?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Bozza Bostik, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I was going to start this in the FMA section, but I thought I'd open it up to all styles as it might be a little more fun.

What do you have in your weapon bag? I am not talking about your knife/gun collection or your horde of rare Indonesian kerambits, but the weapons you regularly take to your MA class and use there.

Lily wants to see your tackle boys, so post pics. Any old rubbish photo will do.

Here's my small collection. All training weapons, I don't see the need for live blades. I think I have everything I need really. A pinute would be nice but not essential.

A bunch of sticks
    A palm stick (not in the photo)
    Tomahawks
    Kris
    Dagger (kris)
    Barong
    kerambits
    Aluminum knives
    Plastic knife

I've shown you mine, now let's see yours!

Attached Files:

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I've got a wooden practise sabre. I take it to class in a hockey stick bag, which is a perfect fit for it.

No pictures, because I can't do fancy stuff like that. :eek:

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've got a wine cooling picnic bag from ikea that is just about the right size to fit some battered old arnis sticks in.
    And an old sledge hammer handle in the garden I swing about from time to time.
    Still got some foam 'chuks too. :)

4. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Taken just after I had a delivery of new sticks, so I only really have 2 pairs in my usual training bag... :D

largo sticks
    normal sticks
    pocket sticks/sharkies
    normal pens (behind the newspaper)
    newspaper (Metro - classy as ever)
    sarongs
    Nok knives
    Nok machetes (not in picture)
    alu knife
    plastic knife
    padded sticks
    Eye protection
    Alu training sword (now have two)
    loose change (in pockets)
    old Nokia phone (in pocket)

Attached Files:

5. Bozza Bostik

I was wondering why so many sticks. I was beginning to think you're an octopus or something. :p

(Good luck with the new club! Keep us posted).

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I haven't got a picture on hand at the moment. But a quick rundown.

I have a couple of antiques that obviously don't generally travel in my kit bag. One kris and one... this one's up for debate honestly. A talibong? Negrito bolo? I've put it up here in the past and gotten conflicting answers.

No matter. The gear bag:

- Sticks obviously. Two pair of kamagong and then however many rattan sticks survive at this point.

- Padded sticks. The cheap sort. At least one breaks every time I use them, so I' think I'm down to about three.

- Training kerambit. This was an extravagance. I don't train much with the kerambit specifically. Being a training weapon, it's really just an oddly shaped bit of aluminum.

- Training knives. I've got several of these in different materials. Rubber, wood, plastic, etc. Favourites pictured below:

[​IMG]

- Training sword. A "classic bolo" of the type used by the Philippines Scouts during WW2. Like Lily, I don't carry live blades or have much interest in collecting them anymore. Strictly training weapons. And I'm slowly down even on that.

Pictured:

[​IMG]

I don't carry them in my usual kit bag, but I've also got padded bo and nunchaku. EVERYONE has padded nunchaku. :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  8. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Lily, what about those of us where shooting is our martial art and guns are what we train with?

My training consists of regular visits to the range and my guns are not part of a collection.

9. Bozza Bostik

I was thinking more about the weapons used in "traditional" martial arts, but I guess you are right about the guns.

Have you considered starting you're own thread about guns? ;)

10. blindside

blindside Valued Member

Fun topic!

Assorted rattan
    Assorted aluminum trainers
    Zip tied waved folder trainer
    Kabar TDI trainer
    3 Sharkee folder trainers
    eye protection
    Glock 26 blue gun
    3 polymer long blade of various types (? I normally have 4)
    2 steel pinute trainers
    live karambit also zip tie waved
    Worden travel wrench

Attached Files:

11. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

You guys have lots of cool stuff!

The stuff on the bottom (4 sticks, 2 aluminum trainers) is all I take to class.

The other stuff I mess around with around the house. The butterfy swords I have no training in, but I mess around with them doing FMA type stuff sometimes, since they have absolutely no edge and are short enough to not hit walls/ceilings, etc. unlike some other stuff I have around.

Attached Files:

12. Bozza Bostik

@ap_Oweyn

The TAK stuff is really nice looking. I mentioned in another thread that it is getting incredibly expensive here to order stuff in outside of the EU, but I think when/if work picks up I'll grab some of his stuff and pay the extra.

13. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Yeah, I've been really, really happy with the TAK products. He's actually (relatively) local to me. Richmond, VA. He's got some other cool stuff as well. He recreates blades of various sorts in training versions. With some emphasis on FMA. He's got a couple of variations on the bolo, a couple more on the barong, pinuti, etc.

14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Gim
    Dahn Do (broadsword)
    Sabre
    Butterfly Knives
    1 pair of double daggers
    Cane
    Several sticks in two different sizes
    Staff
    Spear
    Several fans

Sorry - I don't have a smart phone, so I have no pics.

15. Bozza Bostik

I'll confess....I stole the idea of MAP's IG account.

I just thought it'd be a bit of fun to show and talk about what we use regularly in our training. Not our weapon caches or zombie slaying kits, but kinda "daily" training kit.

I am thoroughly disappointed with the lack of photos though! ;)

And I'm waiting for that photo of a tub of crisco to appear next to a dodgy looking wrestling singlet.

What like your own entourage or something? Wow!

Are the weapons wood or aluminum or live or...?

16. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Most of my weapons don't fit in any bag that I own so I just leave them at the school but I have just about every Chinese weapon you can think of plus I have a few random swords and a huge mace at my house for when I get board.

The place I've been working out at recently offers a lot of Indonesian and Filipino stuff. I haven't bought any weapons yet but I'm thinking of picking up a couple and getting a taste for them.

17. ned

ned Valued Member

Weapons I regularly train with;

staff (kung fu)
    broadsword (kung fu , taiji)
    straight sword (taiji)
    fan(taiji)

pair of bull terriers (just kidding-likely to lick you to death :p )

18. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

So Is started gathering up some of the stuff I keep around the house. Had more here than I thought. Aside from a few of my best swords that I don't like to leave laying around at the school I found that I had a few doubles that I kept at home and a few strange weapons that were unique to a style I did in the past.

Attached Files:

19. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I don't have a "weapons bag", I have a "weapons room". I've been trying to post a pic...having problems

20. Bozza Bostik

Have you been reading the Mail again? ;)