Whats better bagwork or drills?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Maryreade1234, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

Some youtube and books. Sometimes experts write books, get interviewed, and disciples of experts write books and get interviewed.

Do you want to do a program together or something?

2. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

Right now I'm training handstand holds to build up the structural integrity and strength up through the arms and torso.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2021
  3. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

To give this a more thorough reply: Proprioception developing exercises activate the mental modeling part of the brain and resistance training results in a lot of genetic level changes in the brain ( I believe that means a lot of different protein synthesis since DNA is protein schema). Training different movements requiring different muscles at a variety of intensities will of course develop motor skills.
    Stand down fool!

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Go to a class and get hit, thrown and choked,

Then after a few years of that come back and see what you think.

5. Dead_pool

You have no experience at all.

Go and get some first.

6. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

The original poster is a woman. Her greatest disadvantage is physical power. Why would you not shore that up. Get real. You're full of it.

7. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

You have no clue to the quality of instruction either. Trying to tell me to gamble when the way to go about training is clear. Physical prowess, toughness, coordination, endurance, strength. Then go and learn techniques.

8. Dead_pool

Ahem.....

You can't learn to swim, without getting wet....

9. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

Go fight a child with nothing but close range short powerful "soccer" kicks to the shins or to their body if they're on the ground. I don't care how good they are, you will kick them to death if it's a death match. You will overpower them with stupid strength. Do you want to convince that child that they can fight grown men because they have good technique? Who is misleading others here? Grow up.

10. Dead_pool

Plenty of strong people get beaten by those weaker but more skilled, it's always a combination, but lack of technique means the most Vs the untrained and over confident.

That's you that is!

11. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

Most people with basic fighting instinct beat those with more techniques trained, nevermind physical prowess. Learning techniques doesn't translate to fighting instinct.
    The woman fractured her skull for christ's sake. Clearly she is fragile. She needs to train hard all over. This crap isn't about you.
    Don't listen to Dead pool's advice.

12. Dead_pool

Which woman? The OP here hasn't fractured their skull?

13. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

I assumed the metal plate was for the skull. Either way it doesn't make sense to have a weak body and constitution. Plain and simple.

14. Dead_pool

What makes you think she's weak?

She's fighting male thai boxers in Thailand,
    Have you ever done that?

No? Well then perhaps you should stop calling people things, when you don't know what your talking about.

David Harrison likes this.
  15. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

You're a trip man. 99.9999% chance that she should focus on strength, power, endurance, agility, and durability until she's much more powerful. If she isn't around the Thai fighters for much longer since she's leaving Thailand soon or something, she should learn technique and spar of course.

16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Six nines. That's some level of precision, how do you come up with such valuable data.

Have you ever competed? It's one thing to claim training, another to put your head on the block, then discourse about it. 99.999999% of people don't, but then discourse anyway and maybe DeadPool is just being himself and thinks you're "sus" as the kids today call it.

David Harrison and Dead_pool like this.
  17. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

Well if you take the long view: Eddie Hall or any strongman puts in 10 years to reach that level of strength right? Now put them through martial arts specific training for 2 years with coaches trying to bring out their strengths, cover or develop their weaknesses, and they're monsters. It's a simple perspective many that train share. If this woman is incredibly strong I'd like to know, but I don't assume anyone on this forum asking about what class to take is a monster of great physical prowess. Muay Thai tends to give people, and have a "martial culture" of, lighter weight body, lean and athletic physique. If she wants to chime in then how about it.
    I would guess 130 - 150 lbs, 5'6 - 5'8. I would guess that if she were put in a gym her weight lifting numbers in the horizontal and vertical push, pull, deadlift and squat would be above average for her size and biological sex but nowhere near world class. This is me just being reasonable and giving advice without much to go on, no apology necessary on my part.

18. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

Also why is competition the only factor here? What about survival?

19. Dead_pool

A five time world's strongest Man competes in MMA, he isn't undefeated.

In terms of survival, that much muscle, (steroid abuse) and lack of cardio isn't a good idea for long term health.

Grond likes this.
  20. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

I already know. I wasn't suggesting she do strongman, but a lot of cross-disciplinary fitness and agility stuff which would include strongman. He is facing people of his own weight class so the comparison is heavily flawed all around.