Whatever Happened to Sakuraba/Rickson?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by SCP_Kensei, Aug 17, 2005.

1. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

I'v ejust started watching Pride FC DVDs (supplied by the great guys at My MMA club), the last one I watched was Pride 8 (I know a long time ago), buit after Sakuraba ate Royler Alive there was talk of an upcoming fight vs Rickson.

Did this fight ever take place? If not, why not?

2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

The Sakuraba vs Rickson fight never went ahead.

Reasons? The most common reason is Rickson would have lost. Sakuraba was in his prime back then, and on fire.

3. Kyle_s7

Kyle_s7 New Member

He also beat Renzo and Royce!

4. Kyle_s7

Kyle_s7 New Member

By the way Ricksons comming back to fight Wandela Silva! The date is not official.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

here goes a bit of Saku! :D... guess who that is gettin' stomped!

Attached Files:

6. slipthejab

and here is a mid flight shot... :D

Attached Files:

7. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

A big MAYBE

8. slipthejab

Lol! :d

Attached Files:

9. thomaspaine

thomaspaine Valued Member

It's not going to happen. Rumors of Rickson fighting again have been circulating well...ever since his last fight, which was about 5 years ago.

10. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

I'd really like to see Sakuraba's fights against all 3 Gracies, anyone know where I might be able to pick up all three on one disk? If not, could someone tell me which event each fight was in and I'll just pick up the individual event discs. Thanks!

11. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I've not seen a disc with all of his fights before; if your after finding out which events he fought the Gracies in, then his sherdog fight profile reveals all :)

12. Wogihao

Wogihao New Member

When i was in Japan last year, i rented on of the fighter profile DVDs that you can get there, the sakuraba one was his major fights. that was cool. thing is (i didnt realise this untill i came back to the uk.) none of this stuff is avalible outside of Japan.

from what i rember the japanese disks are quite pricey about 25-30 quid. so i figured i would find a american title with the subs ect... thats the other resion i didnt get them i meen its alot for a dvd that has no english subs or dub options! plus there are loads of bits of bio info ect, that would have been cool to know what was going on.

when i go back in the spring i plan to get it along with the K-1 disks, its amazing that its not avalible in europe or USA!

Recently i ordered the training video of sakuraba's advertised on ebay alot. has anyone ever seen this?