Whatever happened to Emil Martirossian?

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Monkey_Magic, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

Once up a time, Emil Martirossian was often featured in UK martial art magazines, but he appears to have disappeared and stopped teaching JKD. Does anyone know what happened to Emil?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Not sure about his club, or him having a regular class schedule, but Emil has been a guest instructor at both this and last years UK Martial Arts show up in Doncaster, so he appears to still be active/about.

Travess

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  3. Monkey_Magic

Thanks Travess. Good to know Emil’s still around, even if he appears to have paused teaching at his club.

I didn’t even know there was a UK Martial Arts Show! What’s is like?

Travess likes this.
  4. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Its not too bad, I mean the planning on the day(s) is a bit all over the place, and could to do with improving, but according to the organisers, that's more down to the talent/guests than anything.

It was at last years show that I had the pleasure of training with Bill 'Superfoot' Wallace, (who is there every year) and sparring with Kevin 'The Jedi' Brewerton, so I'll always think highly of them for that.

Scott Adkins and Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez were there this year, but sadly, I could not attend.

Travess

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Iirc he was mostly self/seminar taught, and didn't have a teaching qualification in JKD, and MAI used to let people pay to be featured, so I always assumed he wasnt anything good.

Hannibal likes this.
  6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

axelb likes this.
  7. Monkey_Magic

8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

He seems to be purposely mixing up his extra roles, with his stunt man roles, and his fight choreography roles.

I assume it's so that he can get some publicity for himself.

Edit wierdly googling his name with the main actors names he's name dropped in the article, just find articles by the same news channel CGTN but nowhere else.