What would your fight name be?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Grass hopper, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

If you ever found yourself as a professional fighter and needed a fight name, what would it be?

2. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

Giving yourself a nickname never works and is super douche, this is much the same lol

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I agree.

SIMON. :D

4. Grass hopper

It's just a thread for fun, I don't expect anyone to actually start calling themselves this! :)

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

MAP member Chadderz tried to call himself "Luchador" - We replaced it for "Skelator" cos he's twiggy

6. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

See what can happen when you try and give yourself a nickname !

7. Grass hopper

Heh, I'm imagining a fighter being introduced as skelator. Not flattering!

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I either got called Creep, Creeper, or Creepy along with Sasquatch in the Marine Corps. Those are the names I went by for 4 years.

I think I would want to be called the Fabulous Sasquatch of the Creepy Creepers. :p

9. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I think we need to know how those names came about. Especially Creep/Creeper/Creepy. Although I get the feeling it might violate the ToS. :p

10. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Last name adaptation combined with doing creepy things. Specifically things like starting at people without expression for uncomfortable amounts of time then smiling with my teeth abruptly, walking quietly up behind people and sniffing them to startle them, telling people they look tasty, and some other ToS violating stuff.

Sasquatch came about by being a big hairy guy along with my hands facing backwards while walking instead of the palms facing my thighs.

11. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I agree you can't give yourself a nickname. That said, the ones you're given aren't always the best. I know a fighter called "The Power Weasal" for instance.

I'm kind of sad I never got one. At a bjj comp a mate named all of us and some of them got cool ones but I got left just being called Cronk (surname) but with me fighting being called "dropping the Cronk" which admittedly has grown on me.

If I came up with my own though I've always been surprised "don't blink" hasn't been used by anyone but that's one you really need to earn. I've been called variants of "mini wolverine" when I let my beard grow out and that's kinda cool.

12. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

mini wolverine ? lol are you a midget.

13. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

*Lutador

And my MMA coach suggested it. I was going with Thomas "The Tank Engine" Hepburn.

14. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

When I was fighting Muay Thai a lot of guys had nicknames like "Killer" and "The Awesome" or "Scorpion" etc.

I used to call myself "Flossy" - After all who the hell wants to admit they got knocked out by a guy called Flossy?

15. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

But Skelator is a jacked badass
    [​IMG]

16. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

And he gets served from little leprechaun women?! Sign me up!

17. Hazmatac

Hazmatac Valued Member

My old nickname in HS was 2-Cool. People seemed to just randomly start calling me that during football practice and it stuck.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I got given the nickname "sloth" once, it kinda stuck. :)

I'd probably just go with "the sloth" - cos, you know, I'm creative like that.

19. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

"The Lard".

On account of me being a slippery fighter you understand. :fight1:

20. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Ugh, I would never give myself a nickname. I have several times been nicknamed Jesus, though.