What would I learn in Eskrima?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Sedvan, Jun 24, 2006.

1. thehappyslapper

thehappyslapper New Member

malcomk
    i like your post and think you have a point about low stance.
    unfortunately pat o'malley seems to be a man with a fragile ego who can only sustain his by constantly going on at someone to make them look little to inflate his own sence of importance.

please do not let a person like this put you off from posting again as it only means a bully like this will carry on.

2. rick_nz

rick_nz Valued Member

The happyslapper,you seem to have something againts the O'Mally's,I looked through some of your posts ,all your posts seem to have negative tones towards the O'Mallys and not really constructive questions/comments and thats 4/4 posts ,now to me thats seems to be either a BULLY or a stalker.If you have some sort of personal vendetta againts the O'Malleys go and see them in person and get it of your chest.And stop acting like a troll on these forums.
    I dont know the O'Malleys from a bar soap,What i know about them is what i hear and read about them,A fragile ego dosnt seem to be in there vocabury.
    Lets stick to the subject at hand and save the personal attacks in person.

3. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

But logging on under a pseudo name and branding people with names is somehow more acceptable?

If you call asking someone to clarify their post bullying, then there will be alot of people on MAP guilty of that one.

If you read the thread....I was the one asking for MalcolmK's opinion on low stances as he had mentioned it in his post. I was striking up a discussion, which is why we are here. If someone has an opinion on something that is not made clear....I cannot see the harm in asking for clarification.

MalcolmK did come back with a slightly rude answer I felt, but everyone else has come back with some good responses on low stances and I feel most have been good debates with pro's and cons that alot of us can understand.

All posts have quoted people where required and you can see all questions and answers have been relavent to the subjects and matters brought up.
    As far as I can see everyone has stuck to responding with facts and examples. If telling the truth is bullying, what can I say.

It seems you have a personal gripe against both myself and my husband or maybe you are just boosting up your own ego (seems this word keeps cropping up alot on this thread). Now I do not know of anything that I have done wrong, but if you have a problem you know how to find me, I am sure.

Lucy

4. Peter

Peter Valued Member

The Happy Slapper

Who are you? The use of pseudonyms to hide behind is always a bad sign, and I only know of a small number of people with a justified reason for using them.

One of the main purposes of the British Council of Kali Eskrima Arnis Instructors is to promote the FMA in a totally non-political manner, giving opportunities for all serious and dedicated people to benefit from greater coverage and knowledge. We are working together to equally promote all forms of FMA so long as instructors and representatives can work without politics or running down other members. This is certainly a UK First and is paving the way for long overdue respect within the martial arts community in general. The council is not run by one individual person, but is a brotherhood of people working together to improve our arts. To select one member of the council in an attempt to bully, or just criticise, is both immature and totally insignificant to our collective goals.

Concerning Malcolm, he made a valuable contribution to the thread, but unfortunately made some comments that were somewhat offensive. I understand that Malcolm is relatively new to the FMA, and so is perhaps unaware that even his instructor, GM Nick Elizar, favours the low stance in many situations. Both stances have their strengths and weaknesses and neither should be disgarded without running the risk of becoming a less than complete martial artist.

I hope that you will no longer feel the need to hide behind your pseudonym in order to run down other people who are making a considerable effort to support more people than you will ever know.

Should you require any further information concerning the British Council of Kali Eskrima Arnis Instructors, please feel free to contact any member of the Board of Directors.

Regards

Peter
    www.bakbakan.com
    www.yuli-romo.com
    www.zubu-kali.co.uk
    www.worcester-eskrima.co.uk

5. shootodog

shootodog restless native

:rolleyes:

puhleeez! is that all you got? personal attacks? if you have to resort to personal attacks, it shows how weak your intellect is.

6. dogeater

dogeater New Member

Hi Shootodog,

I always come accross your posts on the FMA forums. Are you affilated with a particular system? Or do you teach your own view of FMA? Are you located in manila or in another part of The Philippines? You seem very active in the comunity. Would love to hook up with you and train under your guidance.

Hope to hear from you soon

7. shootodog

shootodog restless native

hello.

note to self: i've got to get a life.

i am affiliated with the submission dungeon brotherhood, sometime kali de leon student, and punching bag of the bncc.

i'm assissting the big nasty in teaching his wonderful system.

am in the metro manila area.

not as active as i wish to be.

as i've said, i'm not a teacher. i'm a student and an utusan (errr...manservant?) of the big nasty. if you wish, i could hook you up with diego vega of kali de leon philippines or the mumbakki of the submission dungeon brotherhood or guro romel tortal of pekiti-tirsia or the big nasty of bncc.

p.s. dogeater, "the dog eaters" is the name of a pekiti-tirsia kali fighting line in bacolod. are you affiliated or a member of theirs?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  8. dogeater

dogeater New Member

Hey Bro,

We Seem to know the same people. Small world isn't it:)

Take care. hope to See you around of these days.