What Weight?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by craigwarren, Aug 3, 2003.

1. craigwarren

craigwarren Valued Member

I'm trying to get a weight bench set up in my home, to start some weight training along side my general fitness.

I way about 75 kilo and havent done much lifting before, i don't wanna become muscle bound or anything, just stronger.

So can anyone recommend the right kinda weight to be lifting on both bench press and arm curl?

Thanx for any help.

2. Jazman

Jazman New Member

whatever you can lift :D
    Just look for a workout routine or similar on google. I'm not the best at routines so my suggestions might be harmful. I wouldn't worry about becoming muscle-bound, at least not for awhile. Just stretch, lift, eat, sleep and train and you will get stronger. Oh, I guess the lifting advice I CAN give is, take what you can lift 10 times on benchpress and do that for 3 or 4 sets, same with almost every other exersize. Make sure to switch it up, use different exersizes on different workouts, make sure to take at least one day off in between same muscle group workouts. Switch grips on exersizes, like using reverse, this will help hit all muscles (I.e. work the entire length of your bicep, not just part of it.)

3. AgentX

AgentX Banned Banned

You better learn the basics in a gym or someone who sourely knows for a while and then try your own.It will be more worthwile and afective.