What was the last movie you watched ....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Guvnor, Sep 23, 2009.

1. brotherinarms

brotherinarms Valued Member

sympathy for mr vengeance, its not a bad film but not great either i like the contrast in violence but i find it lacks something and i cant put my finger on what it is, but if you like asian cinema then check it out if you haven't already. 7.5/10

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

The last film I watched was Lucky Miles. I thought is was ok. It started off good and it had some good moments in it but it ended a bit flat.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36n_8iU8iOs"]Heres the Trailer[/ame]

Lucky Miles on IMDB

3. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

Man on Fire- A excellent movie starring Denzel Washington

4. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Watched Apocalipto Directed by Mel Gibson. I liked it realistic fight scenes.

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I wasn't clamouring to see it. But my wife suggested it. And I was much more enthused about that than Crazy Heart. So we went.

Good flick. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Stuart

6. Jumanji

Jumanji Valued Member

Michael Clayton, was alright

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Have watched it twice now... Sherlock Holmes.
    Pleasantly surprised. The sets and the background images of a sooty, dirty London were brilliant!

8. pin316

pin316 Valued Member

just watched Eastern Promises and was like 'Holy crap, this is an awesome movie!'

Apart from a few new films coming soon/out now at the cinema (Kick Ass and Iron Man 2, to be specific), my next couple of films are going to be watching original movies in anticipation of some sequels i can't wait for - primarily:

Tron (because Tron: Legacy has better be the best film of all time)

Predator 1/2 (because the Robert Rodriguez 'Predators' is going to be amaaaaaaaaaaing - seriously, if you haven't seen the trailer do it now!)

Karate Kid 1/2/3 (because i don't care how bad it's going to be, i'm still going to see the new one :D)

9. Jumanji

Jumanji Valued Member

Really, Tron?

10. pin316

pin316 Valued Member

Yes - Tron :)

I think the whole concept of the movei was genius, and that the one thing that failed it was that the effects of the time nowhere near did it justice.

If they retain the concept and feel of the film, and then give it the makeover it needs visually, i really do think it could be a fantastic film.

I'm a little worried that they could just butcher it completely and make it an FX fest with no depth whatsoever, the only hope i have is that it is has been confirmed it is s genuine sequel rather than a reboot like everythign else is getting these days, plus Jeff Bridges is cast.

Keeping fingers crossed.

11. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I recently watched Bodyguards and Assassins, a film about, well bodyguards and assassins starring Donnie Yen and Cung Le. Sadly, it is completely awful, with barely any redeeming features about it... :(

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

In the theaters -- "Avatar" in 3D. Loved it loved it loved it loved it loved it loved it.

On video -- "Red Cliff," in the five-hour international version. Fully excellent!

And the whole family is working our way through the cartoon series "Avatar: The Last Airbender," for the second time. I predict we'll do it again!

13. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

These are just recent.

Brooklyns finest loved it, must watch!
    Duplicity, watchable dragged on a bit 6/10
    G.I. Joe rise of the cobra, laugable story line, bad acting, but the action and cgi was entertaining, very corney. 6/10.
    Law Abiding Citizen, thouroughly enjoyed this one, loved leonidas's character 8.5/10
    Meet the spartans, a load of crap funny if you want to WTF :| funny. Avoid 1/10
    Ninja Assasin, weak story, action not great but nice and bloody. 6/10
    Pineapple express, I thought it was hilarious very enjoyable, 7/10
    Undisputed 2, worth watching just for scott adkins, prison fighting story. 6/10
    2012, a bore 6/10
    American pie the book of love, entertaining for what it is, 6/10
    Avatar, a huge dissapointment, great visually, story line is weak. 6/10
    Body of lies, loved it tense, decent action goood solid performances from russel crowe and leo di caprio, 8.5/10
    from paris with love,stupid story, but none stop action and funny, worth watching just for john travolta being hilarious and crazy, very over the top 6.5/10
    Inglorious Basterds, not everyones cup of tea but I LOVED IT dont go thinking it's another pulp fiction or kill bill story 9/10Tw
    Twilight New Moon, gf loves the books so i had to watch it with her to see how good it is, it really wasnt but dont tell her i said that 5/10
    Sherlock Holmes, really loved it decent story, fast paced, good action, funny, 8/10
    Star trek, never been a trekkie havent seen any tv shows or movies previously but i tht it was great sci fi 7.5/10
    The Assasination of jesse james, cowboy movie, brad pitt enjoyable but slow 7.5/10
    A Prophet, french prison drama, must watch loved it 9.5/10

Quite a few waiting to be watched when I get the time, will update with more. :)

14. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

Antwone Fisher-7/10

The Guardian 10/10
    Excellent movie , probably one of the best I have seen in a long time, Can't believe it that I had not seen this one before.

Been into movies lately with violent pasts, anybody got any decent recommendations for me ?

Cheers
    Guvnor

15. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Valued Member

Restless (Korean) made in 2006. I got it from Netflix and it was pretty good. Decent fight scenes and special effects, solid plot and premise.

16. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Yesterday watched Sex is Zero, thanks to someone mentioning it on this thread! It was hilarious, with very sad parts in it, also watched kick ass loved it!

17. boards

boards Its all in the reflexes!

Iron Man 2. Like IM this is a great movie and Robert Downey Junior shines as Tony Stark. Don Cheedle replaced Terrance Howard and was in excellent form, while Gwynneth Paltrow was beautiful as Pepper Potts.
    Mickey Rourke was supperb as Ivan Vanko a villian equally as brilliant as Stark and determined to bring him down.
    I'm not really a fan of Sam Rockwells Justin Hammer, I dont read the comics so I have no idea if it was an accurate portrayal but it seemed a strange way to play a nemesis of Stark.
    As for Scarlett Johanson as Natasha Romonov, well its worth the wait to see her in that black skin tight suit. :)

And after the credits there is a little teaser for an upcoming movie, verrryy cool.

18. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Watched Kick-Ass in the cinema. A good laugh. I'd recommend it. :)

19. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

The theme from the Banana Splits.:):)In fact the use of the music was brilliant,

20. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

The Last three films Iv Watched are

akira - haven't finished watching it

The Thing- classic haahaa

Big Trouble in little China- classic film, lot of fun if you ignore some of the bad performances and don't take it to seriously

The Last film I saw in the cinema was kick Ass- I enjoyed it even though it wasnt anything like it was advertised to be, that hole trying to be a super hero in the real world theme went out the window when they brought in jet packs and little girls doing front flips, Nicolas cage is incredible in it though he suits playing a psycho path worryingly well

Last edited: May 1, 2010