What was the last movie you watched ....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Guvnor, Sep 23, 2009.

1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Yes!!! One-hundred ways to break bones! Loved it!
    But before he gets to that room, when he enters the building and walks up the winding stairs, notice that * it is one continuous shot with one camera.* Obviously the camera is on a moving boom but it never stops as he walks up the staircase and takes people out. No second takes, no sudden jumps to a different angle. I was :eek: x 100 followed by :love: That is on the short-short list of best fight scenes ever!

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I watched There will be blood last night. Whoa. What a performance by DD Lewis. Really good movie.

3. Seven Stars

Seven Stars Valued Member

that is the one. hahaha i watched the R2 version expecting him to be called dirty balls and we were all laughing when he then just got called george

4. Seven Stars

Seven Stars Valued Member

the brothers bloom is a good film which was the last good film i saw, was directed by the bloke who directed Brick, which as also a really good film

5. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I just watched me 'The Dark Knight' on blu ray and it IS TREMENDOUS!!!

6. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

Watched The Shawshank Redemption the other night and I can't believe it that I never watched this movie before, excelent movie 10/10.

Training Day- 6/10

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  7. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Dawn of the Dead. I liked espescially were

The guy on the opposite roof gets food off the dog and gets bitten. Then rights a message on a board. But its not a message its blood :eek:

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

'Leaving Las Vegas'

Knew nothing at all about the film before I saw it, so had no particular expectations.

Not a bad film, but no classic. A great performance from Nicholas Cage (remember when he still did good stuff?!) and in some ways also from Elizabeth Shue - although the old 'tart with a heart' cliche was as unconvincing as always.

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Le Donk and Scor-zay-zee by Shane Meadows. Paddy Considine plays a roadie in a mock rockumentary , he is being followed by Shane Meadows and tells the story of him and his new rap act, an overweight but very eloquent Nottingham boy who gets to perform in front of 50000 people at an Arctic Monkeys (or Arctical Monkeys as Paddy calls him).

Excellent film as always by Meadows. I could never give him less than 8 out of 10 :D

10. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Awww man, you're talking 'Con Air' era right. :D

"Put the bunny back in the box..."

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

It always saddens me when someone as good as he was (e.g. in 'Birdie' and 'Raising Arizona') ends up in trash like 'World Trade Centre'. It's slightly reminiscent of Orson Welles in those sherry adverts - as a child I was surprised to learn that the fat prat off the advert was actually one of the greatest talents in cinema history.

In a perfect world, good actors like Nicholas Cage should keep making good films for the rest of their career, and planks of wood like Keanu Reeves should get the parts in shlock like 'Con Air', instead of ruining otherwise quite enjoyable films such as 'Speed'.

I recently got my son to watch 'Bram Stoker's Dracula' fo rthe first time. Not to frighten him, but so that we could share a good laugh at Keanu's attempt to play a Victorian English gentleman. He nearly wet himself.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  12. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

The Boondock Saints- took me a while to get into it but an awesome movie overall.:woo:

13. Zealot

Zealot Valued Member

Memoirs of a Geisha and House of Flying Daggers.

14. brotherinarms

brotherinarms Valued Member

88 minutes, wasn't that bad actually although i figured out who done it quite early on, well had ma suspicions. still it not bad crime thriller to watch starring al pacino but not a film i'd watch over and over again!

15. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

Harry Brown-6/10

16. pmosiun

pmosiun Valued Member

Last movie i watch is Planet 51 and Astro boy. Astro boy is kinda clique and Planet 51 is okay.

17. brotherinarms

brotherinarms Valued Member

the last film i watched i think tried to hard it had a good theme for a plot and the cast wasnt too bad either i just felt the message isn't strong enough so it distorts the story and makes it hard to keep track on what its underlining theme is, i could go into critic mode ha but i dont want to bore you with my opinion so if you want to see a film about jui jitsu and honor and what i think is trying to be a love twist then check out redbelt

actually i forgot the last film i watched was "true romance" what a film i think that the music over the top gives it a mad perspective but great film glad i bought it now took ages getting around to watching it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  18. pin316

pin316 Valued Member

I watched Tigerland last night having never heard anything about it previously, and i really enjoyed it. The camera-work and direction are excellent, really putting you in the setting.

A vietnam film focusing on the recruit training camps in a similar light to Full Metal Jacket, i thought it compared very well to the aforementioned film (which is a big tick in my book). Colin Farrell is excellent (as usual), and i'd definitely recommend it.

19. Guvnor

Guvnor Valued Member

The Shooter with Mark Whelburg, a excellent movie .

20. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I've seen Shooter a few times (its on Sky Movies at least twice a week). Canny film.