What was the last movie you watched ....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Guvnor, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

SHAZAM!!

It's a fun kids movie. My weird rant is, that it was released in April, but clearly a Xmas movie.

axelb likes this.
  2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Really? Huh. I haven't seen it yet, but eventually I will. Maybe the studio knew that Star Wars is coming out in December, and didn't want want the competition.

axelb likes this.
  3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

4. aikiMac

Finally got to Shazam. Not bad. I've certainly seen worse superhero movies. I enjoyed it more than Captain Marvel, Batman/Superman, Justice League, Antman 2.

Going into it I was worried about the villain. We all know that the hero is a 14-yo with no experience, so I was puzzled: How would it be fair for him to fight a grown-up with experience?! But without spoiling anything, don't worry. The script writers solved that problem. The villain is dangerous yet appropriate to an inexperienced teenager. I was impressed with how they handled it, and the climactic battle was actually part of the charm of the movie. I actually got warm fuzzies from the climactic battle, as weird as that sounds.

5. Xue Sheng

The Wild North (1952)

[​IMG]

6. aikiMac

End Game!

Wow. That was ... excellent.
    I nominate it for (1) best picture and (2) best screenplay and (3) sure, why not best director.
    Yes, I was truly impressed.
    Just -- wow.

7. Xue Sheng

8. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

End game!

A great way to end an epic saga and a good start to my birthday weekend :D

Travess likes this.
  9. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

No arguments there!
    Happy Birthday mate.

Travess

axelb likes this.
  10. aikiMac

Hey, it's my birthday, too! ::high five::

axelb likes this.
  11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Half way through this, it's excellent!

12. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Downton Abbey the movie! It was really great! I am a big fan of the TV series. The movie did not disappoint.

I wonder if the movie seemed good to people who didn't watch the TV show though.

It is really weird that I love this series. No offense, but British nobility and class stuff normally is NOT of interest to me. It isn't an era of history or region that particularly interests me. But so many patrons at my work recommended it that I gave it a chance. The writing in the series and the movie is excellent, as is the acting and characters.

There was one weak spot in the plot line, because I found it a little far fetched and out of character. But it wasn't so big that it ruined the movie for me.

I hope they make a sequel.:)

13. axelb

Rise of the Skywalker.

Watched it is with my daughter who was incredibly excited about it and enjoyed it.

I thought it was entertaining and imo better than the last jedi and force awakens.

Travess, Monkey_Magic and Dead_pool like this.
  14. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

That’s good to know!

Dead_pool likes this.
  15. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

I'm still leaning more towards The Force Awakens, but it was a definite and solid improvement on The Last Jedi, and the 3rd act/ending was, in my opinion, just amazing - But...

...the Rey / Kylo kiss - Why, just WHY??? Made absolutely zero sence!!!

Travess

axelb likes this.
  16. axelb

Yes, it didn't seem to fit with the plot, but the direction of this episode was very emotionally driven, which I think it's what was needed to give it impact based on the last one.

17. Xue Sheng

The Bishop's Wife

[​IMG]

18. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

The Lighthouse.

It was... different. I really liked it, though. It had that dark Lovecraftian feel to it.

Dead_pool likes this.
  19. axelb

Not sure whether I'm watch this for the laugh or not.

20. Xue Sheng

[​IMG]

Also found out Liam Neeson was a boxer from ages 9 to 17 and won several regional titles