What Was That Movie Called?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by ryangruhn, Jul 29, 2005.

1. ryangruhn

ryangruhn Valued Member

Hey All,
    I have a few movies that I remember from way back when and I can't seem to think of the names. The first one had "Leroy" as the main character where he catches a bullet at the end of the movie and has a love interest in a DJ at some local dance club.
    The other one, and for some reason I think it might be the same movie but the guy has to cross through some cave type deal and the only way is to move a pot of coals with his forarms.

Any Ideas?

Gruhn

2. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

that BRUCE leroy to you pal.

the movie was the last dragon

3. ryangruhn

ryangruhn Valued Member

AAHHHH, Thats Right. Haha.

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

And the other one is the original Kung Fu with David Carradine. It's how he gets the "tattoos" on the inside of his forearms.

In a cage match, The Last Dragon would take Kung Fu without breaking a sweat.

Stuart

5. Jungdo

Jungdo Valued Member

Sad thing is I have both on dvd

6. ryangruhn

ryangruhn Valued Member

Leroy! Who's the masta?!

7. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

SHO' NUFF!

Yeeeaaaah....

May you achieve
    Satori

8. kenpoguy

kenpoguy The Last Dragon

reply...

leroy was played by taimak guarello. Truly nice guy. Sometimes you can getahold of him on his website www.taimak.net

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

In my youth, I got his autograph. Still have it somewhere.

10. bruce lee 3 e's

bruce lee 3 e's New Member

"hey my brotha, what it look like. im the soul brotha like no other."
    "you can call it the art of fighting without really knowing how to fight."
    those are probably my favorite lines in the movie. :D :D

11. mrsumo

mrsumo Invictus Maneo

I remember reading in blackbelt not too long ago that taimak (Bruce Leroy) is playing Dalton in an off broadway production of the movie Roadhouse! Seriously.

12. microhard

microhard Valued Member

I actually met Taimak Guariello a few times. First time in 1990 or 91 he acted like "all that", since his movie just came out on public TV. Later on in about 1995 he was more humbled. Success and lack of it does things to people.

13. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Did you get a load of the blond spikey mullet wig that goes with the role?!

14. Sang

Sang Valued Member

I loved the Last Dragon!!!! I remember rolling on the ground laughing my head off for ages. Gotta see that movie again. I can't forget the first bit where he chops those arrows flying at him from his dodgy master. Jokes!!!

15. mrsumo

mrsumo Invictus Maneo

That was the only reason the guy sticks out in my head. But it does remind me of Patrick Swayze!

16. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

On the subject of movies, can anyone tell me the title of the movie about a war between schools were the master decides to chop one of his legs off as a way of saying sorry.

17. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

No argument there. Swayze is King Mullet.