What type of karate is rainbow dash doing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by mewtwo55555, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mewtwo55555

mewtwo55555 Valued Member

So in the rainbow rocks movie rainbow dash is dong a karate routine. I am wondering if anyone in here can tell me what style or if the producers just "slapped moved together"?

here is the youtube clip.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGHMGadHTjU"]Catching Up / The Plan To Defeat The Dazzlings - MLP: Equestria Girls - Rainbow Rocks! [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

I am assuming its karate cause in the series rainbow dash has a black belt in karate we only see her teaching a fellow pony to kick a bag. I am assuming with the name and such people will know I am talking about my little pony friendship is magic.

2. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Just looks like random "cartoon fu".

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

4. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

This thread makes me so very happy :D.

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

It's times like this that I miss Lou, Vampyregirl and Fiercehadou.

6. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

What the heck. They aren't even ponies. And I'm not a small female child (target market) or a creepy older male (incidental market) so why do I care?

7. mewtwo55555

mewtwo55555 Valued Member

Twilight sparkle the purple one went through a magical mirror into "our world" so she is now human.

8. ned

ned Valued Member

Surely there"s a dedicated site for old guys who enjoy crap like this where you'd be much happier ?

9. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I talked about bonsai on here and no one seemed to mind. Most of the bonsai lovers are older folks who love that crap and are on other sites. Takes all kinds man, MAP is a no judgment zone. Except for no touch knockouts. Then judgment. Lots and lots.

10. Mangosteen

so its not really a pony...
    how confusing must it have been to learn to poop like a person or use hands

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Just regular fake karate my brony.

12. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

I dont think it is fair or wise to judge someone based on what they like to watch or find enjoyable. There is a HUGE number of adults that grew up with cartoons and just never left them. My personal favorite is DBZ(im a huge Vegeta fan) i also like Winx club(my 6 year old duaghter wants me to watch it with her, bonding time). Some of these shows are surprisingly violent and i love a good fight.

I dont understand this need to berate and make fun of and put down people that like to watch animated things. Yes im one of them and you know what i get enjoyment from it. Just because someone watch's animated programming does not make them creepy adults or Pedo's in waiting.

It may be cartoon fu but alot of programs are trying to include as much real life material as they can in there shows. I would not be surprised if that pony's "karate" is in fact based on a real style or at least some real techniques.

13. Pretty In Pink

Don't act like your any better :p. You watch avatar (as do I). Fantasy is fantasy.

14. Mangosteen

mainly for the political elements.
    the series started with the genocide of the main characters culture, thats heavy stuff.
    not pony-people discussing tween stuff

15. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

DUX RYU or SHAOLIN DO

16. Pretty In Pink

Man, you watch it because IT'S SO DAMN COOL!

17. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

for god's sake...post a thread about a boxing match and lucky to get three views...I'm obviously not with the programme...

18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

That's because you don't have the magic of friendship! :p

19. ned

ned Valued Member

On the contrary,that is exactly what it is,for those that post and those that comment.
    Perhaps you mean it should'nt be a judgement zone ,but I don't think such a place exists (except maybe in pony land ;) )

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Bronies are something that triggers one of my "dichotomy headaches" - on the one hand I am in absolutley NO position to judge what people like, being that I am a comic book nerd, gamer, pro-wrestling fan, Star Wars fanatic, I speak Klingon (and use a Bat'leth) and have a legit zombie apocalypse plan

This makes me odd to most people

On the other hand the show is utter crap. Like REALLY bad...even for a kids show

Really, I've seen it lots because I have a 4 year old - I legitimately think Sofia the First is better. Toopy and Binoo certainly is

But it does indeed take all sorts so if you want to attach your fanboy allocation to cartoon horses then have at it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.