What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Just watching it now. It's quite good. But I'm now seriously in the mood for some soup.

(I hated Train to Busan with a passion).

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

The Sinner (netflix)

Series 1 was very good, Series 2 is really really good. 2 left to watch tonight.
    Murder, mystery and intrigue by the bucket load.

3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Still with "The Walking Dead".
    It took me some Yeats to finally watch it, but I really enjoy it.
    Will be starting season eight later today (the last one, that is on Netflix).

Sidenote: I can see why Daryl has such a fan base - by far the most layered character, in my opinion.
    Others are pretty neat, too, personally I liked - little spoiler -

Sasha, when she was having her crisis. Lying on top of the corpses, felt like an awesome scene!

An so many more characters have possibilities - nicely done overall.

Two more tiny spoilers
    I still mostly dislike Carl; too often he felt like a psychopath. I had hoped, that Negan would recruit him willingly, after Carl was so impressed, with everyone kneeling in front of Negan - that would have been a twist I would have loved!

Second: How come Carl seems to get older, like he should, and Judith still being what seems like hardly two?

All spoilers, as small as they are, go at most til the end of season 7!

axelb likes this.
  4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Yes, Daryl definitely seemed to have the better character development, along side Carol, who I think has to be the deadliest character, disguised as a nice older lady :D

5. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

This has been on my radar for a while, but I am just sitting down to the 1st episode now, (as I type in fact) off of your recommendation.

Travess

cloudz likes this.
  6. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Oh yeah, she certainly had quite a development!

Starting out as a poor woman who got beaten by the husband; going through the loss of her daughter, which seems to gave her stopped caring in a too emotional way (for a lack of better words); becoming really good in getting rid of the walkers; killing the own sick and some other people afterwards - and suddenly feeling horrible about it...
    She's got some nice twists on her way for sure!
    At first I really liked her, then I wasn't sure about her for a while - but either way, she sure kicks butt! :D

Morgan is an interesting character as well, I think.

I also like Tara, but she has potential to be even more interesting - like most others as well.

Also going to admit it: I would have liked to see more of Meryl; so much potential as a character.

Gosh, I even like the two big bad guys (not saying anything else about these for spoiler reasons, just this: I liked both actors before TWD, so of course they had to be bad :D
    )

Sometimes I'm not sure about Rick - but the actor and Norman Reedus, I find them doing an incredible job!
    For me Reedus even more so than... The other (forgot his name :oops::rolleyes:).

axelb likes this.
  7. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

To late for en edit, but that mistake drives me nuts : Merle not Meryl!

8. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Watched Stranger Things recently - great, GREAT stuff!!
    Currently re watching series 7 of GOT, prepping for the big one due soon. Finished last night on the battle scene where it ends with Jaimie Lannister falling in the river.
    About 7 weeks to go and i'm already getting excited :)

Thinking of rewatching Breaking Bad next.

axelb likes this.
  9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Finished "Umbrella Academy" last night. It was made well. Actually, it is pretty much flawless. And Hazel grew on me; by the end of the season I was loving the guy. But ... but something was missing. I think it need a couple more episodes to fill out the Academy characters a little more. I just never felt altogether absorbed into the team, other than Klaus. He was the only "umbrella" person I felt like we really got to know.

And the ending -- well, that was a complete disappointment. You can't end a show on the grand paradox of time travel. You know the one:
    What happens when you meet yourself? Impliedly the team is going back to when they were all young, but does that mean their old selves are going to be face-to-face with their young selves. Or does it mean they will take over the bodies of their young selves?

Either way it was a disappointing ending.

Mushroom likes this.
  10. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Started You on netflix recently, promising start, enjoyed the Pilot.
    Been following Baptiste on the BBC. It's ok, improving as it's going I think.

Looking forward to The Bay on ITV this week.

11. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Got deeper into You last night.
    Excellent!

Reminds me a little of Dexter, nice characterization.
    Can't go wrong with a likeable wierdo.

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Season 2 of Star Trek Discovery has been rocking along quite nicely. Some genuinely harrowing moments, a cast that feels like it is starting to gel, a great new Captain in Pike, and some good storylines and scripts.

The first series was either bold or foolish depending on your point of view, this is much more what I expect a Star Trek series to feel like. Occasional duff notes, but you always get that.

Has anyone tried Love, Death and Robots on Netflix? i'm hearing mixed reviews about it.

Dead_pool and Frodocious like this.
  13. ryanjenson90

ryanjenson90 New Member

anybody excited for game of thrones ? this april winter will come
    yeahhhhhh
    try watching this too

cloudz and axelb like this.
  14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Just make sure you know where the soup is from :)

Bozza Bostik likes this.
  15. Mushroom

At 90mins an ep? Hell yeahh............

cloudz likes this.
  16. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Everytime I'm reminded, the goosebumps they cometh.
    Bring on The Winter!

17. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Recently watched Friday Night Dinner and After Life on Netflix. Both very funny, and quite short so can be binged easily.

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Nearing the season 3 finale of The Expanse. Aside from Deep Space Nine and Space: Above and Beyond, I think this is probably my favourite sci-fi television show ever. It has everything I expect from solid sci-fi (and more). I love how well the writers researched relativistic physics. Amos is awesome :D

Dead_pool and cloudz like this.
  19. Mushroom

Im watching Warrior.
    Its supposedly based on some scribblings from Bruce Lee.
    So its 19th Century San Fransisco, Sam (ah Sam) gets off the boat with 100s of other Chinese men, who were brought in as cheap labour. But he has an ulterior motive.

Best way to describe it so far, its basically Deadwood with some kung fu fight scenes and really...really...really bad Cantonese. But its smartly played that the Actors are speaking English but within the show theyre speaking Cantonese.

Which is good because Andrew Koji, Im pretty much is being taught the Canto phonetically at the time of the take and I cant understand him anyway.

OK so theyre basically following the formular of Sex and Violence for season 1, to gain as much viewers as possible.

So far though, it is getting better per ep. And Episode 5 (the latest one) is the best ep and a massive homage to Westerns.

cloudz likes this.
  20. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Season 5 of Bosch and season 3 part 2 (??) of Enter the Badlands

Travess likes this.