What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Damn dude that was quite harsh
    I've been watching it lately and am really quite enjoying it:D

I like the incarnations of a young Bruce Wayne and Penguin, the young cat too. The lead detective playing Gordon is quite good - anyone remember what he was in before?
    The dynamic between him and his partner is fun and Jada Pinkett is a welcome surprise as a crime boss. The stories and production have that feel of comic books which I quite like and Gotham City comes across as authentic. Not bad, interested to see where it goes.

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Arrow had a mad ending for the mid season finale hey. Quite the cliff hanger, literally.. Fascinated to see how they resolve that one.

3. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Watching Whitechapel on Netflix. Not a bad crime series, but the whole copycat thing gets a bit dull after...the first time they did it. Maybe they should have just made a series using old crimes as the inspiration for the stories.

I'll stick with it though.

4. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

First, Arrow is the best one! Second the mid season finale was great. I also thought the cross over episodes were well done. Third after taking a sword straight through the torso and falling 60-80 feet or more onto solid rock it's a safe bet that the only way he's coming back is by using Ra's Lazarus pit. My guess is Nyssa knows he's lying about killing Sarah and wants to know the truth about who did it.(Still mad at Katrina for not spilling the beans when I met her back in Nov.)

5. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

He's Ben Mckenzie. Mostly known for "The O.C." and "Southland". Both good shows.

6. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Not long binge watched all 3 seasons of this (again, on Netflix) and I think that the 3rd season does move away from the copy cat theme a little - Love me my crime shows, and this one was an unexpected surprise.

Regards

Travess

7. Bozza Bostik

I'm on the one where they are finding bits of bodies all over the place.

Yeah, I enjoy the British and Nordic crime series, not into the US stuff much. I don't watch much TV but I started watching them as I missed hearing English. I found myself watching Friends one day and thought something was seriously wrong with me. I switched channel and ended up watching Dalziel and Pascoe instead, just for the language and accents (that probly sounds really odd)...It was a much better choice.

8. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

The O.C. , that's where I remember him from! Thanks dude that was bugging me.. Liked that show back in the day.

9. Bozza Bostik

I've just started watching the crime drama Happy Valley. I'm only 15 mins in...started the series over a very late breakfast. It seems ok so far and it's great to see Steve Pemberton in a more serious/normal role. League of Gentlemen is one of my favourite comedy series and sometimes it's hard to see the guys do other stuff. I keep expecting Papa Lazarous to pop up and say, "Is Dave there?".

10. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

It was a great show, very enjoyable.

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Anyone seen Season 3 of Ripper Street yet? I am probably going to get an Amzon prime membership just for that show

12. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

On TV I'm enjoying Stalker. Streaming I'm really into Criminal Minds.

13. Bozza Bostik

Black Sails.

I blame Ero "When I was in the Marines" Sennin for this.

Great sets and costumes, some decent fight scenes and sea battles and tons of beautiful women showing their boobs (sexist!) and a fair bit of blood....all to make up for terrible acting, crappy script and characters you couldn't give a flying monkeys about...well, except the cute ones that get naked all the time, which is most of the females.

It's supposed to be a prequel to Treasure Island. The best thing about the series so far, besides the naked women, is that it reminded me to reread Treasure Island. It's available for free from the Project Gutenberg site! Hurrah.

Jokes aside. I really wish the people who make these series would cut out the cheap attempts to pull in viewers and focus on plot, acting and direction a little more. I bet Muppet Treasure Island is far better.

14. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Catching up on Game of thrones season 4 this week. There's loads around at the moment.
    Extant has come on which has had great reviews and Fortitude starting Thursday on Sky. I've downloaded Penny dreadful season 1, and am following season 2 of Broadchurch. Caught up on the first Broadchurch and that was really good!

For a bit of comedy Togetherness has started pretty well, enjoying that too.

15. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

in less than a month I went from the first season of arrow to having gotten up to date and seen Flash up to the current point. Im really enjoying these shows

16. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I would be doing that if Netflix had it. Everyone raves about it but I still haven't seen it. :(

I'm returning to Castle. I loved seasons 1-4, liked season 5, and then got into other things. It's time to catch up on their wedding, if they ever got married. :p :heart:

17. Bozza Bostik

Broadchurch! Yeah, need to see the new series. Probably one of the best crime things in a long time.

Finished Black Sails. Despite my criticism of the show, it was a bit of fun and did improve slightly. And have to credit it for leaving out the whole "Yo-ho-ho, avast ye scurvy dogs!" type stuff and being slightly more realistic than a lot of pirate stuff.

It's made by the same people as Spartacus...which explains a lot, although Black Sails wasn't that bad.

18. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Waiting for Lillehammer to come back for a new season.

19. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I watched two episodes of the Japanese cartoon "Death Note." Interesting. Is it okay to kill all the bad guys? Or does that make you a bad guy?

I like "smart" shows. I'll give it a further watch. :)

20. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Psycho Pass is another anime with a similar theme from the couple episodes I've seen.