What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

You mean from Stargate: Atlantis.
    ;) :p
    (Yeah, found his role there way better :oops:)

Frodocious likes this.
  2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

Have recently watched Altered Carbon. It's quite recommendable, although worth noting it's extremely NSFW, including high amounts of violent and/or sexual content, including frequent full frontal nudity, so definitely not family-friendly. As a fan of the books I found it to be sufficiently different that neither experience will ruin the other, although I'm baffled at some of the adaptation choices (some of which ruin the chances of properly adapting books 2 and 3, some of which just seemed unnecessary), while others were quite understandable (especially given that the books are all first-person narratives)

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ya, I hear you. I got disappointed and even bored at the end, because of the wild direction the show took. (shrug)

Almost finished season 1 of "Nikita." Some of the episodes are "meh" but then others are terrific. It could easily improve, but it could just as easily deteriorate. (shrug)

4. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

At the moment im watching Godless and Altered Carbon.

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Started watching "Peaky Blinders". Two episodes in and it's pretty good so far. Great use of contemporary music in a historical setting.

6. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

That's on my list as well, at some point.

Right now I'm watching "Batel Motel" and "Doctor Who".
    Never got around to really watch the first. But I like Freddie Highmore; so after watching "August Rush" I thought it's time watch this show as well.

"Doctor Who" - Come on, it's "Doctor Who". Easy as that!

7. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

I dont like Doctor Who.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Start a thread on shows you AREN'T watching then

Travess likes this.
  9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Oh, just saw that I had written "Batel Motel", not "Bates Motel" :oops:

Also watched a few episodes of "The OC".
    Now I feel even more depressed, because I also feel old.
    And because I am actually watching something like that :oops::eek::D

10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Just started watching agent Carter, so far it's great!

Travess likes this.
  11. aikiMac

Are you kidding?! The "Gotham" tv show is fabulous!

12. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Dude... I wrote that 3.5 years ago!

(Point still stands, Gotham sucks balls.)

13. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Just started watching Altered Carbon. I tried reading the series a while ago on a recommendation from a friend, but the author's style didn't click for me and I stopped about 1/3 of the way into book 2.
    I'm enjoying the show. My wife is actually the one who got us watching it, though she had no idea it was quite as violent as it is. (Violence tends to turn her off to shows... it was a huge struggle to get her to watch Game of Thrones as when I first tried, her impression was that it is just really violent. It wasn't til season 4 or so came out & her friends kept urging her to watch it that I got her to watch the whole series with me. She enjoyed it, though still too violent for her tastes.)

14. aikiMac

Hmm... you might be right. Odd computer glitch. Why'd that post show up now? ... Embarrassing to me, yes. Sorry. ... I must not have have been on the last page of the thread, which is is very odd. It always goes to the last page. :eek:

15. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I now finished four seasons of "Bates Motel".
    And I actually got to like it more and more.
    I think the cast was doing a great job and it actually had me annoyed that Netflix only has four of the five seasons :D

Not many spoilers, I think. Than again I never saw the movies or anything.
    It shouldn't be much of a spoiler that young Norman Bates is a murderer.
    But since that's not exactly the focus of the show, but more his ill mind, his own fear of it and the development, I find it quite thrilling to see.

It took me quite a while to sort of figure out, whether or not Norma Bates was wanting a non-motherly relationship with her son, but as the show went on, it got clear how "damaged" and troubled she was as well.
    Her being torn on what was right versus what she wanted for her son was well done, in my opinion, as well.

Also I find it kind of "funny" how of all the people one of the most "normal" ones is the incest boy ;)
    I got to really like the character of Dylan and he turns out to be the most responsible.

Means the show has a fair number of interesting characters, which certainly doesn't hurt.

16. TwirlinMerlin

TwirlinMerlin Valued Member

Surviving Escobar on Netflix. Great show if you don't mind subtitles. I'm really hooked on this one.

17. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Altered Carbon was nice to look at, but I felt the story wasted some really interesting concepts and ideas in favour of sex and violence.

I've started Flint Town on Netflix. Depressing but engaging look into policing Flint, Michigan.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  18. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

The walking dead season 8 resumed. :cool:

"Warning, the following show contains violence of a graphic nature".
    Well I should expect so!

19. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

UFC has the same warning, which I always found a tad obvious...

Travess

axelb likes this.
  20. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I'm back to watching "Buffy".
    Started season 3 yesterday.
    Not sure how far I will watch it, since my favorites are certainly the seasons set in High School.
    But okay, it's not that bad later on either.

Might watch some "Angel" in between as well; never got to watch the last season of it.

axelb, Dead_pool and Travess like this.