What to do?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Zerodauto, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Zerodauto

Zerodauto Valued Member

Hey everyone, it's been a while, but I'm back. So I don't know if anyone remembers, but a while back I posted : About my belt situation. Well I didn't ask the master why he took the belt away, but I did continue to train at the school. The next belt test I was promoted to green and when he handed me my green belt certificate he also handed me a certificate from the date of the last belt test which I was suppose to rank to green. The problem is that the certificate was for another orange belt.

This means that since he gave me the wrong form(though made me pay the price for the green belt), that it was his fault that I did not get my green belt, because I passed the test being graded as if I was going for green belt. Afterward i stayed at the school for a bit until it was about time to test for my purple belt then I stop going, though I still train everything I learned. Keep in mind though, he also passed people on the test who have horrible form. Now when I say horrible I mean a grown man with no mental of physical handicaps that as a purple belt he looks like a two year old who is just learning.(I mean no disrespect, just trying to illustrate a point.)

My question is, what do you think I should do. should I go back and risk getting ripped of again or should I wait until I can find another good school?

I keep practicing Taekwondo even without a class. I plan on further teaching myself the higher forms. Don't worry, all my closest friends are martial artist who wouldn't hesitate to let me know if I was doing something incorrect. Martial arts especially Taekwondo, is my life. I'm devoting my whole life to the study and practice of the art. I am also doing boxing which I plan on doing the same for.

So please give me your thoughts, concerns, and Ideas.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You really, REALLY need to talk to your instructor about this - without that step you are wasting your time trying to fathom things

If he blanks you or gives you grief, leave - if he apologises or explains adequately, stay

You have to get around the intimidation factor..he is just a man

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Go find another school. Doesn't have to be TKD. Good tuition is good tuition so it's better to have that in Karate, Kung Fu, TKD or whatever rather than waste time with someone who isn't taking your training seriously.

Mitch

4. Zerodauto

Zerodauto Valued Member

I'm not intimidated by the master.

Also Mitch hopefully if all goes right I'll be able to go to the university of Bridgeport which has a B.A program for martial arts and I'll continue my study of TKD there.

5. armanox

armanox Kick this Ginger...

:jawdrop: I think I want to apply. Right now. Even though I have no money to go back to college with. That just sounds....fun.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Then nut up or shut up with him - either way you have your answer...hell you already KNEW the answer...just act on it