What styel Of Ju jitsu Do U Do?l

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Acekicken, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

What Styel , Org. Of Ju Jitsu- Jiu Jitsu- Ju Jutsu
    Do U Do?????

Does it involve Ne - Waza?
    Or is it Similar to Karate?

What Organasation??/:)

2. Jim

Jim New Member

We are unsure of the lineage beyond Wally Strauss and Kawaishi in Europe of what style of Jiu-Jitsu we do. It involves more Ne-Waza and Judo aspects than Karate-type fighting.

3. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Combat Ju Jitsu - a no fuss form with a lot of influences. It includes strikes,kicks, elbows, knees and toes knees and toes:D Locks and grappling groundwork - movements are done extremely close to the opponant with distraction strikes/gauges/headbutts/knees etc,etc, i believe some small circle theory is used basically anything that works for you - Lineage - all i know is that sensei is ex-military and seems bloody good.;)

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Goshin Do Tai Jitsu, different name, but Morphus's description fits what we do as well.

Emphasis on breaking people ;)

(My Sensei's ex-military too!!! I think I'm noticing a trend :D )

Colin

5. Jim

Jim New Member

Ok, are there any Non- Ex-Military Ju Jitsu instructors out there?

6. Acekicken

Acekicken Submission Fighter

Actuly it Waz called Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    But After UFC 1 Rorion Gracie Regesterd The Name
    As his own Trade Mark. So it Recieved The Name beacuse of it's practioners origins.

Witch had been done long before such as Eroupen Ju Jitsu
    U.S. Ju Jitsu so on & so forth

__-----------------------

And 4 the Record Ju Jitsu came From India
    ,Then China Then Japan The Name has changed & Ju Jutsu is Japanese. But the Art it self has verry Deep Roots.

7. Jim

Jim New Member

AK, the origin has yet to be proven as to where MA's came from...

There is a school of thought that says that the first organised MA forms came from Greece and the gladiatorial arenas.

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

What was originally Gracie Jui Jitsu, I'm confused?

9. Mr Heel Hook

Mr Heel Hook New Member

I study Gracie Jiu-Jitsu under Ryron Gracie. Ryron is Horion's eldest son and is incharge of training at the Main Academy.

10. Sc0tsg1t

Sc0tsg1t New Member

I've studied Kempo Kai under Colin Elgie and Spirit Combat under Gary Buckley and Kancho Bill Cox. I've also studied Aikijitsu under these instructors and there are variation. Kempo Kai is very hard and contains most forms of waza. Spirit Combat is less aggressive, though no less effective, than Kempo and Aikijitsu is by far the most aggressive I've participated in. It uses truly nasty techniques and I most always advocate having a good lawyer before utilising a technique on the street against Joe Public. That or neutralising all witnesses ;)

11. Bushido_Kai

Bushido_Kai New Member

I've been studying jujitsu for about a year now, i had some humble beginnings. Our school evolved from a self defense class held at a church that i used to attend. the original instructor(who had studied Ed Parkers system of Kenpo Karate) kind of got in over his head(i had later discovered he had not yet recieved his rank as black belt). he didn't count on the students actually wanting to do something more. so another man at our church by the name of David Dunn decided to take over. Thats when we decided to start studying ju jitsu. just recently we have crossed trained into gojin jujitsu and our school is now registered and officially recognized. We still run the school out of the gym at church but i am no less confident in my senseis abilities, and my progress. i know i still have a lot to learn.