What sort of fighter are you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Hapuka, Nov 8, 2006.

?

What sort of fighter are you?

1. Attacker

89 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. Defender

63 vote(s)
    18.1%
  3. A bit of both

176 vote(s)
    50.6%
  4. None, I don't fight at all.

20 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. AllieB

AllieB Valued Member

I start defensive and then after they throw thier attack i become aggresive matching thier level of aggresion

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

I am basicly defensive. That has to do more with my past then with my training. I will feint, attack, and observe how my opponent responds. I try to get a feel as to what type of opponent I am facing. If he is a counter-attack opponent then I bait him. If he is aggressive, then I use stop/cut kicks and meet his aggression. If my opponent mirrors me, then it is a dance of opportunity. I don't mind taking a few shots to deliver more then I get! We will see how well it works this weekend though! :D

3. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

I'm more of a defender if anything, I like to attack on the defence..... sometimes that doesn't work, lol. But I've got better, I attack ALOT more than I used to... actually, I should probably be a bit of both.

And Hapuka, you didn't put 'funky fighter' as an option!

4. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

whoops, my bad. :D :bang: :D

5. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

It's okay, I forgive you....

I'm more of a funky fighter though!

6. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

attacker, usually using a peek-a-boo style guard,trying to close off space and in-fight. but if im grappling i work from a defensive southpaw stance.

7. Myst Kitty

Myst Kitty New Member

I would prefer not to fight at all. This way, I hope to spread peace, joy, you know... things of that nature:)

8. Taekwondomaster

Taekwondomaster New Member

I marked a bit of both because you can lure them into a false security than rampage them with tons of kicks and punches it catches them of guard :woo: :yeleyes:

9. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

got to be first in where possible the best defense is to attack hit first and hit hard stop it before it begins!

jamie

10. wayne649

wayne649 allie of the night

im an attacker but i can defend when i need to

11. rab7676

rab7676 New Member

i am a defeder. but if i see a chance for the attack its on.

12. Red Bull

Red Bull Valued Member

A bit of both. It depends who I'm fighting. But offence is the best defence.

13. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Well, I'm very short and light. Therefore, the people that I come up against are always bigger and heavier than me. So, I attack first, as my size means that defending is quite awkward, as if cover up from a punch, for example, I haven't really got a lot of weight behind me to stay upright. Therefore, I mainly attack. However, I have been working a lot on counter punching, using slips mainly. I like this as it means that I can get closer and attack my opponent, whilst leaving myself less open. Also, as I am a JKD person, I tend to use the centre-line theory quite a lot, which facilitates me to bypass hooks by using straight lined strikes. So, I'm primarily an attacker, but I defend by attacking also.

Em

14. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

jab cross jab hook upercut! I'm an attacker! I like to keep my opponent on their guard so I won't have to waste to much time defending. Once you land one keep em coming. But occasionally I do find myself jabbing and circling and watching my guard, and trying to land some powerful kicks from a distance, especially with bigger opponents.

15. Jack_Brando

Jack_Brando New Member

This may sound stupid, but I rush my opponet, at first ill USUALLY do a string of mix up kicks, usually without setting my foot down (3 round house switching to 3 side kicks without putting foot down, if they move ill do a spin side to that direction) After that ill just rush, i dont like the idea of them getting a hit in, usually to do this i have to WILLINGLY take a few kicks and or punches.

16. jonsey80

jonsey80 Valued Member

im what i would call proactivley reactive, though i largley use a multipal veriaty of techniqes from any style, a lot of my guiding principals come from my Wing Chun background, one of my favorite ones is to dictate my oponents opening move by leaving a track or gate a bit less defended than the rest so the attack will come in a direction i wont..i then take it from there...its nothing to blatelny obvious or large, a example is to stand a tiny bit to the left of my oponent knowing any attack will be coming in to me from the right with a lot more emphasis in the direction that what would of been if i was straight on, giveing me what i look for...best i can explain it here

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  17. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I usually move in range and attack until my opponent attacks, at which point I defend and attack again.

I'm a very offensive fighter. My favorite technique is the middle finger.

18. SnorriSturluson

SnorriSturluson Valued Member

Attacker in striking. I am older and slower than most of my partners, so my defensive game is subpar when opponent has the initiative. I try not to give them time to think about this.

Defender in standup grappling, except when opponent is much better than I am. I am short and fairly strong, and though I am not fat I am heavier than most grappling types. It takes pretty good work to throw me, so I can hang back and wait for an opportunity without worrying too much.

On the ground I am completely incompetent, so I have to classify myself as a matt flounderer.

19. Kenpo_Iz_Active

Kenpo_Iz_Active Greek Warrior-not 300

well, i would say a bit of both. Kenpo naturally teaches mainly defensive techniques. but my instructor's ciriculum includes plenty more of offensive strikes, as well as techniques.

20. Cool As

Cool As Valued Member

I'd say i'm a counter fighter for sure. I prefer to see what's coming, counter/defend then counter attac especially if I'm sparring a new guy. I do keep my mind open to initiating any attack if I think it's advantageous, though.