What should I expect in white collar MMA?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Maryreade1234, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I'm not that ignorant, ha. I know what what terms mean but come on...I know plenty of "white collar" guys who box regularly, and I don't even consider myself "White collar", more "casual Friday". I've never heard of "white collar boxing" as a promotion, let alone MMA white collar. I must really be behind the curve on this issue, but I guess it's like I said, MMA--lite? A couple classes, then the lion's den, right? If it's all you ever do I guess more power to you but...what's wrong with just joining your local boxing/MMA gym? What's with the one-time ism.

2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Ouch..god bless them, every one.

Dead_pool likes this.
  3. SelinaSolis

SelinaSolis Banned Banned

Yeah, I totally get what you're saying. I think the term "white collar boxing" might be a bit misleading. I mean, I've seen plenty of guys who work desk jobs get into boxing and other combat sports. It's not just reserved for the upper class, you know? And I agree, if you're really into MMA, why not just join a proper gym and train regularly? On a related note, I actually recently got some gym equipment myself. I figured with everything going on, it would be nice to have some gear at home to train with. It's not quite the same as going to a gym, but it's better than nothing. Plus, it's convenient for those days when I don't feel like leaving the house.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2023
  4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Hmmm.....I detect a (not so) subtle attempt at advertising. ;)

Frodocious and Simon like this.
  5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I'm not going to ban you straight away on the off chance that you're not just spamming :)

Please don't advertise on MAP without permission.

Frodocious likes this.
  6. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I have to be honest, it's hard to watch this and not love it.

There's clearly a huge training difference, but that guy in the red trunks just got the best training experience of his life. I'd buy that for a dollar! :D

Is all of it unlicensed?

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Yep, anything labeled "white collar boxing" is unlicensed.

And from a quick Google we've had two deaths within a year from it. Of course they could always have better standards, but then they wouldn't be making so much money, so it won't change unless they are made to change.

Grond likes this.