What pc games are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Feb 10, 2011.

1. SenseiMattKlein

SenseiMattKlein Engage, Maverick

None. The great Clint Eastwood said "A man's got to know his limitations"..that applies here. I found them too addicting and far too time-consuming.

2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Mass Effect 2 (doing another play through with my ME1 character to make all the choices I want so that I've got the perfect character to import into ME3).

Dragon Age: Origins (don't like it as much as ME2, but I've invested so much time into it already I want to at least see how it ends).

Batman: Arkham Asylum (rivals God of War 1 for the best adventure game I've ever played. Great gameplay, and I like the subject matter more than GoW).

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1 (by many accounts, the last good CoD game. But the multiplayer is a little too frantic and not strategic enough for my tastes, so I just finished downloading Bad Company 2 from Steam. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, though).

Meh, to each their own, but I think that some escapism and some guilty pleasures are healthy part of life, especially if you've got a stressful job (check) or a stressful home life (I love my family, but there are some challenges involved in being the parent of a special-needs four-year-old).

3. SenseiMattKlein

SenseiMattKlein Engage, Maverick

Fair enough, Mitlov. I also believe we need a passion or hobby in our life. As long as it makes us happy and doesn't take over our existence. Balance is the key. Results may vary.

4. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

One player games I can handle timewise. But I don't play online games, I'd love to play a MMORPG but I know my personality, it would be that or life :-(

5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Couldn't agree more. I think I have a healthy relationship with video games, but I know my personality and I know I'd have trouble maintaining a healthy relationship with alcohol, so except for a teeny bit here and there (one drink every couple weeks), I abstain. On the other hand, there are people who have wine every night and a few drinks on the weekend and have a totally healthy relationship with it. Like you said--balance is the key, and results may vary.

6. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Just getting into it--one hour of single-player and one hour of multiplayer so far--but I have to say, Bad Company 2 is vastly, vastly superior to Modern Warfare. The gameplay is the perfect balance between the uber-realistic (Ghost Recon 1, ARMA, etc) and the uber-arcadey (recent Call of Duty offerings), and the audio and visual are amazing. The audio really is incredible. The crackle of gunfire, rumble of diesel engines, crumbling roar of a building coming down...I've never heard a game with better sound.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Morrowind

Actually I picked it up for $5 at a Shoppers Drug Mart and figured "What the hell!" as "Oblivion" is perhaps my favourite game EVER.

I bought it for my PC (as opposed to my 360) because I figured modding it would be easier. As it turns out the game is so blinkin' huge I can't even THINK about modding it yet!!

Good fun.....but "Oblivion" is still King by a mile!!!

8. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

Been playing some old dos stuff lately. especialy beneath a steel sky, day of the tentacle & monkey islands 2

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Classics! I actually am playing MI 1 & 2 on my iPhone

10. monkeywrench

monkeywrench Valued Member

11. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

You better have the tribunal and bloodmoon expansions installed! morrowind is easily one of my favourite all time games. and it doesnt have that annoying "if you're a low level character, everyone and every item in th egame is a low level item" type thing going on. You can be unlucky and come across a lvl50 monster when you're still level 1 but the upside is that if you know the game you can get some VERy powerful items early also!

and the game is GREAt and easy to mod. Loads of very good ones out there.

12. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Except one of the expansions making you fight a Brotherhood assassin at level 1 :p

13. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Nah the brotherhood assasin only attacks you once certain player requirements have been met which usually result in you being higher than level 1. Besides, the brotherhood assasin is sort of tailored to your level AND he drops nice beginner weapons as well as some of the best unenchanted light armor in the game!

14. flaming

flaming Valued Member

15. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Got the Total War games from Steam last week for £40 (Shogun 2, Rome, Medieval 2, Empire, Napoleon) but haven't played them much apart from figuring out the tutorials. Spotted Arkham Asylum for a few quid on Steam the other day though and that has been getting some play the last day while I recover from some stupidity.

16. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

streets of rage remix with Mod tweaks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=booA8qpLTzc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=booA8qpLTzc[/ame]

17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Spotted Battlefield Bad Company 2 with Vietnam and the add-on for a tenner on Steam at the weekend. Just tried it and I'm definitely impressed!

18. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Witcher 2. Buy it. Now.

19. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

not gaming much lately, but i did play a few games of sid meier's alpha centauri within the last two months or so.

20. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

DOW Soulstorm, but i don't play much, i'll be training my fourth night this week tonight, then I've got a competition on sunday.