WHat not to do in korea!

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by SsangKall, May 1, 2010.

1. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

So you are telling us we shouldnt eat COD!!!!
    What about friday nights???:eek:
    Lets face it, just about every food has some potential for making us ill.
    I say eat what you like and enjoy it, for tomorow you may be run over by a bus!

As for what not to do in Korea. If you are a young child do NOT do anthing to your appearance that makes your gender at all unsure. Apparently, feeling between a young childs legs is a perfectly acceptable way to discover their gender!
    What is wrong with just asking them I wonder?
    The mind boggles....

2. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

Are you suggesting that the peninsula west of Japan is a nation of child molesters? :eek: :confused: :eek:

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  3. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

Nooooo. I can't say I have ever exerienced or seen such activity. However, it was on the list of cultural differences we were given when we went on the 2005 trip to Korea with KSW.
    So I thought it worth mentioning, given the question asked by this thread.
    But you have a point UK. I wonder how many innocent (in their culutre) east asians have been arrested for child molestation in the West after being introduced to someones offspring!:eek:
    PS have they moved Korea? Last time I looked it was WEST of Japan!

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  4. unknown-KJN

Stop making fun of my dyslexia! :cry:

It's a special form that instead of mixing up left/right, it confuses east/west. :p

5. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

↑North
    ↓South
    →East
    ←West

6. unknown-KJN

I'm so proud of you, Pugil. You figured out how to access the special characters in unicode. :happy:

Only problem is not which arrow to use, but that a double headed arrow is thrown into the mix. (E or W ??)

Or due to the confusion, maybe this arrow image would be better suited? ()

And of course, we could always go in circles...
    ↶ ↪ ↺

or get trapped in a corner...

or get all crossed up...

but I think you get the picture, so I'll stop now. :)

BTW, you forgot these:
    NE ↗
    SE ↘
    SW ↙
    NW ↖

7. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

SO UK, if you can work all that out without errors........how come you thought Korea was EAST of Japan in the first place!!!!
    Are you sure you can make it to Canada in August or should we take a detour and pick you up on the way?:evil:

BTW...that reminds me...do we need list of what NOT to do in CANADA? Saja Nim?

8. unknown-KJN

No excuse really... just too quick to post, without proofreading first. :bang:

And shouldn't that be:
    "When in Canada, what not to do, eh?"

And speaking of not proofreading...
    Seems our friend, Demdike, edited his post below (#49) to add "DON'T DRINK THE BEER" a couple of extra times (I'll assume by doing a copy/paste). And while doing so, he completely missed the fact that "DRINK" is missing an 'I'. :D

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  9. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

1) DONT DRNK THE BEER

2) dont speak English to a Frenchman

3) DONT DRNK THE BEER

4) dont eat beavermeat

5) DONT DRNK THE BEER

6) dont get out of the car to get a better shot of a bear

10. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

From my experience, I would offer that those Canadians tend to be rather fond of their Snake Bite Medicine, so perhaps a good thing TO DO would be to grab a bottle at a duty free shop, as surefire way to smooth over any accidental 'faux pas' do nots :cool:

11. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Noooooo! I never figured anything out UK. As I use a Mac, I simply clicked 'Edit' and then 'Special Chartacters' — but I didn't find you there though!

12. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

You mean they have proper Beer in Canada? And, by which, I don't mean 'Bud'!

13. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

no they don't
    why do you think I said "don't drink it".....

14. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

How do I tell who is french if I musn't speak to them first?
    And do French-Canadians speak "proper" French or do they speak French like the Yanks speak English? If so I have absolutely NO chance!

15. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

Maybe he has been DRNKNG!:evil:

16. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

Aah Pugil...you would HAVE to use a mac you renegade you!

17. Demdike

Demdike Banned Banned

I was and I still am.
    And I've not stopped yet.
    But in the morning I shall be sober

and if you know Churchill you know what he next line is...

I should've added its not a idea to sing this during the kareoke sessions in a hotel bar in Canada

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clPYfaTvHT0"]YouTube[/ame]

18. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

You know what... there are far more types of Beer in the world than there are different types of wine... you'd think that they'd import just a few... even if they can't brew it themselves! :evil:

19. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Porter, bitter, ale, stout, pilsner, lager... take your pick, in Canuckistan we have it all...

French is a patois over there... old country/farmer dialects and spoken at a different speed than in France ....maybe a fair comparison to the UK english to yankish relationship....

Frankly speaking english here is not the problem as much as understanding what the words mean... i went to my daughters concert here in the UK the other week.. there was a choice of concession charge, adult and family... in CDA concessions means refreshments so I offered money for one adult and concessions....did I ever get a blank look!!!

You can speak to anyone in Canada.. if they are french you have a good chance of being ignored.. which might in some peoples minds might not be such a bad thing or you could get a plate of their favourite snack..pontine(gravy and cheese curds) on chips....

powchoy

20. KIWEST

KIWEST Revalued Mapper

I think I definitely need some language lessons before August!:eek: