what Martial Arts should you take

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by ai_thum, May 7, 2007.

1. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

wondering what Martial Art to take well take my quiz and find out

here quiz

2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Drunken Boxing...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:cool:

3. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

Muay Thai The Art of the Eight Limbs is the Thai name for a form of hard martial art practiced in several Southeast Asian uses kicks and punches in a ring with gloves similar to those used in Western boxing. Muay Thai is referred to as "The Science of Eight Limbs", as the hands, shins, elbows, and knees are all used extensively in this art. A master practitioner of Muay Thai thus has the ability to execute strikes using eight "points of contact," as opposed to "two points" (fists) in Western boxing and "four points" (fists, feet) used in the primarily sport-oriented forms of martial arts.
    Take this quiz!

4. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Hehehe I got Muay thai boxing.

Lucky for me I do Muay thai boxing.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  5. gornex

gornex Valued Member

lol weird i got muay thai too.

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Man, whoever wrote that quiz up lacks mastery of the english language.

Karate uses a combination of hard and soft techniques. It is commonly believed that the concept of combining the two extremes originated in a Chinese martial arts doctrine known as wu pei chih. Karate combines hard striking attacks like kicks and punches with softer circular techniques for blocking and controlling the opponent, including locks, grappling, takedowns and throws. Karate specialty is in-fighting or close-quarter combat.

7. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Muay Thai The Art of the Eight Limbs is the Thai name for a form of hard martial art practiced in several Southeast Asian uses kicks and punches in a ring with gloves similar to those used in Western boxing. Muay Thai is referred to as "The Science of Eight Limbs", as the hands, shins, elbows, and knees are all used extensively in this art. A master practitioner of Muay Thai thus has the ability to execute strikes using eight "points of contact," as opposed to "two points" (fists) in Western boxing and "four points" (fists, feet) used in the primarily sport-oriented forms of martial arts.

I do jujitsu !!!! :) :) :) :)

8. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

How did you manage that??? lol

I wanted to get kung fu, I even said no knees and elbows but I still got thai!

9. bonita

bonita Valued Member

muay thai--interesting i've trained some in it and have enjoyed it

10. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Muay Thai baby!

Attached Files:

11. TKDMORGANVILLE

TKDMORGANVILLE New Member

Got M. Tai also...odd i think this quiz just wants all of us to beat each others butts regularly lol

12. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

seed (they can't hit if they can't catch you)

I love this quiz

13. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Hang on a minute, you do thai boxing!! I think this is a conspiacy to turn the whole of MAP into thai boxers!

14. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Hmmm... it says I should do Muay Thai. I think I'll word on my "seed" and train my "mine" a bit more before I have a go at that one. Lol.

15. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

i did do thai boxing but i stared kung fu again so rite now im not a thai boxer
    when i did this i got karate

16. PlasmaShock

PlasmaShock Valued Member

Lol I keep getting muay thai even though I make my answers completely random.

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

SO I am thinking :
    a) I don't need to take the quiz as it will simply tell me I should do MT
    b) Everyone who does the quiz is told they ought to do MT

:rolleyes:

18. ai_thum

ai_thum Valued Member

sine every one get muay thai i change up the Question now see what happen

19. Agarika

Agarika New Member

I somehow managed to get Tae Kwon Do. :D