What leads people to think women shouldn't lift weights?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Nachi, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

What leads people to think women shouldn't lift weights?

ignorance, prejudice, and entitlement, Account for a lot.

although not solely on the part of males. Females often feel pressured by other females to conform to a specific body type.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I realize this is an old thread, but what can I say, I just saw it...... all I want to say is, Ernestine Shepherd would not agree that weights are bad for women. They did wonders for her, even in her advanced years.

I know its been said already in this thread, but I believe the entire thing comes down to an old sexist belief that women are the weaker sex

3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I realize this is an old thread, but what can I say, I just saw it...... all I want to say is, Ernestine Shepherd would not agree that weights are bad for women. They did wonders for her, even in her advanced years. Actually weightlifting can do wonders for women

I know its been said already in this thread, but I believe the entire thing comes down to an old sexist belief that women are the weaker sex... oh and insecurity of some males who do not want to get their butts kicked by a female ;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
  4. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

I originally thought this was meant, well, sarcastically, sort of, because it just seemed too prejudiced. But if it actually wasn't, ... :rolleyes:

axelb likes this.