What languages do you speak?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Apart from English or drunkanese or bollocks, I'm interested to see who here is multi-lingual.

Personaly I simply speak English and Indonesian. I'm having a lot of trouble with my Indo these days considering all my Indonesian friends have left, leaving me with no one to excercise my 'ability' with.
    However my old primary school sweetheart (who I learn Indo with) has met up with me lately so now I got someone to speak it with!
    Horray.

2. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

I speak English, basic Japanese, and enough German to survive.
    Though I am looking to learn Korean as well.

3. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

4. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

I speak English, German, a little bit of French and some words Japanese. I also understand Flemish as I lived in Belgium before.

Christian

5. baubin2

baubin2 New Member

English and French. The French is not so good though. I can read it pretty well, but don't ask me to hold a conversation, because you will have to repeat yourself a lot :)

6. jess869

jess869 New Member

english learning french and spanish and can say random insults in russian

at stiegn devan yayesh :D

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

First language is English, can muddle through in French (although its very rusty) and can manage a few stock phrases/sentances/random nonsense in Spanish, Italian, German, Mandarin, Cantonese, Punjabi. Apart from that it's just the odd word here and there in various other languages.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

English, some spanish, and learning marshallese.

9. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

English, German, Japanese, a little bit of Spanish. Also parts of: Russian, Hindi, Mandarin, and French. I tend to pick up languages naturally as I hear them.

10. CrazyMoonwalker

CrazyMoonwalker Dancing with the devil

Italian: mother tongue
    English: mother tongue level
    Spanish: Fluent
    French: Fluent

But this has been done quite thoroughly on another thread

11. Greamere

Greamere Valued Member

I speak English, some spanish, french, german, and I'm learning irish. I know in words Japanese, russian, and If you want to swear in other languages, go to insultmonger.com/swearasaurus. not sure about the spelling, check it out first.