What Is Your Favourite Kick...?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by jazzysingh, Oct 30, 2012.

1. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

I did do a quick search on the forum and didn't really find anything (if I missed it please point me in the right direction, oops) but what is your favourite kick and why?

I don't care if its your favourite kick that is or isn't effective in a real fight. I don't care if you can or cannot do it amazingly well. I am not bothered if its used in sparring or for pad-work or a kick to fresh air. I just want to know what kick and why? If any1 wants to add a video of themselves or a pic I don't mind. I love all kicks.

So I will start, my favourite is the Axe Kick - quite simply cos I love how easily it can be used when sparring and looks pretty amazing when done well.

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I do love a good downward kick :D

Spinning kicks are always good fun, my own reverse turning kick is cack but I love a reverse side.

There is a particular satisfaction in a low section turning kick smacking into a big kick shield on someone's thigh though. I'm very much in love with that at the moment :D

Mitch

3. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

I couldnt agree more! I particularly like the reverse hook kick lol

And again, I love power kicks, especially on the power shields!! :D

4. NinjaPlease

NinjaPlease Ninjas always say Please.

I would have to say my favourite kick is the spinning crescent. So much fun to hit the focus mit with!

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Gedan mawashi geri - low roundhouse kick. Simple, effective, powerful. Seeing a good one in action is like a thing of beauty.

6. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

this is one kick i dont use very often, in fact you could say never at all. Maybe I will try it next time I am in class.

:D Yep! A great kick!

7. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Front leg low roundhouse, it's a nice interrupt against a solid kicker :) or a nasty little chip if you just want to play with their rhythm.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Front kick - fast, powerful and accessible. It was also the diet kick I ever learned and I drilled the hell out of it!!

Anderson Silva made it sexy again, but I've been sexy for years!!!! (Well, in kicking terms anyway!)

9. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

Old saying said, "If you are good in foot sweep, you should be able to take care 80% of your opponent".

10. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Anything to the nads (their nads)

11. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Straight kick with the heel to the groin, V of the hips, or knee.... But that's not necessarily an order of priority.

Second favourite would have to be the stepping in side kick. It means I can fight side on, put a bunch of power into it, and it works well to the knee, ribs, diaphragm, throat, or head. For some reason it's always felt very natural even though I don't like high kicks.

12. Bgajdor1

Bgajdor1 Valued Member

Spinning Heel Kick

It's power and knockout ability comes from the speed and momentum it generates, rather than pure leg muscle. I always thought that was awesome about it. At the same time, it's probably one of the most flashy techniques that can be used effectively in most competition rule sets.

And it's an awesome high risk, high reward technique!

13. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Heel Stomp

Because if you're opponent is in a position for you to do this, you've already won the fight OR you're about to put the finishing move on for a buddy of yours.

Or you can use it to screw somebody's foot up. It's always fun to mess up parts of people that they don't think about (in MMA of course). I mean, who goes around and thinks "man, if I got into a fight and somebody crushed my foot what would I do?"

14. Instructor_Jon

Instructor_Jon Effectiveness First

Inspiring my students: Jump spinning crescent kick.

Practical effectivness: Instep stomp.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've always loved the jump spin back or side kick.
    My capacity to throw it well has diminished of late but I still love it.
    I like the "whole body" nature of it, the feeling of contracting and then expanding and the bag-bending power it can achieve.
    When your foot just sinks into the bag like it's not even there.
    Man...seems like a long time since I threw a kick like that.

16. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

Front kick hands down, delivered just above the hip with the ball of the foot. My personal favorite for dealing with aggressive opponents, often il drop into a cat stance while sparring when fighting somebody with a high guard for just this reason.

17. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I like the stop/intercept kick/teep.

It's just so cool when it works perfectly, if you put enough force into it their foot misses the ground on the way back.

Note: I've never landed it perfectly in sparring.

18. Grass hopper

Grass hopper Valued Member

Another one I did once while sparring in tournament was the knee, side kick.

It's a counter to a mid level round house kick, knee your opponents ankle right before the kick lands, then turn your hips over and side kick to the stomach. Worked great! Almost broke the guys ankle though, so his sending school put me up against a third degree next, I lost.

19. Allers

Allers tricking, kicking

ah, i looooooove the 360 spinning hook kick :love:
    the momentum is just sublime.. plus the power it can achieve ( if i'm having a good day :D ) and just how fun it is to practise!

it only works on my right leg though :cry:

20. SeeDarkly

SeeDarkly Valued Member

Rear leg pushing kick, used as a counter.