What is this art?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by ShadowWarrior, Oct 1, 2005.

1. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

Hi.
    I've seen some really cool video clips of guys doing some crazy stunts. Ive got them off bilang.com and http://come.to/jeigo
    can anybody tell me what these guys are doing as i would like to give it ago and try and find a club (if thats what they belong to).
    Thanks in advance
    Ryan :D

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

It's primarily gymnastics.

If you'd read anything on the link you posted then you'd know that he trained in gymnastics since he was 9. You've got some catching up to do.

It's all very theatrical combat related. After all that's his focus is stunts. His work is impressive. *sniff... should have stayed in gymnastics* :D

note: when you first start in gymnastics - it's nothing like what he shows... it can seem so lame... back rolls, forward rolls etc. It takes a long time to build up the proper, safe techniques before you can move on to the more flashy stuff and most gymnastics programs are more gymnastics oriented - so you won't be learning any kicks of stunts per se. That is something you will have to work in on your own. So it can seem a tad tame at first... but if you stick with it... it can be used to great effect.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  3. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Look up xma if you like the more gymnastic stuff,they're very good at what they do.

4. JinkokMike

JinkokMike New Member

Very true I love XMA's it's so cool.

Mike.

5. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

I believe on Bilang.com quite a few of them do TKD but all the flips etc is all gymnastic.

6. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

Thanks very much, i might see if i can find a gym or something to go to and try learn to do somethings. :D