what is the best way to get rid of the fat on the lower part of the stomach?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by dangmnx, Apr 21, 2007.

1. dangmnx

dangmnx New Member

what is the best way to get rid of the fat on the lower part of the stomach?
    i gotten the top part of my stomach the way i want it but the bottom part seems to go no where. is there a excersie for this or what? plz reply asap.

2. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

You have to steadily lose fat until it comes off where you want it to. Your genes determine when and where your body utilizes its fat stores. Spot reduction, the idea that you can do certain exercises to burn fat off that body part, is a myth.

3. dangmnx

dangmnx New Member

will it help at all if i cut down on what i eat? i heard the best way is to run a mile a day with a heat belt around your stomach? true? or flase

4. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Bump

control your caloric intake and do alot of cardio

5. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

No, I doubt it. Contrary to popular opinion, what you eat has nothing to do with your weight! ;)

6. taekwonguy

taekwonguy Very Valued Member :)

do some interval sprints 3 times a week, this will burn the fat but also spare the muscle

7. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

;) Good point H.I.I.T. or Tabata works really well at jolting the body into using fat reserves while maintaining muscle. As has been stated, your belly-fat maybe the area where you are geneticly preprogrammed to retain fat. It will be the last place you lose excess fat as well.

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

You cannot spot target fat reduction. All you can do is control your calorific intake and work your cardio.

9. Mark Cotton

Mark Cotton Valued Member

Exactly. There is no other choice.

10. flaming

flaming Valued Member

If you put effort into a mile you would be a lot slower the next day,

Tabata sprints, with 2 days off in between FTW.

The atkins diet guy had the right idea but dont get rid of all the carbs, protein, good fats and vegtables.

11. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Liposuction gets good results if you can't be bothered exercising.

12. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Calorific :D

It's difficult to lose that last bit of weight sometimes. Your best bet is a high level of activity, including regular HIIT and a good diet full of protein and veggies.

13. Socrastein

I wouldn't recommend "cardio" for trying to lose weight. I'd first get your diet in order, then make sure you're doing heavy resistance training at least twice a week, and if you still are having trouble, I'd add in high intensity interval training, like 100m sprints.

Low intensity, long distance cardio is one of the worst ways to try and get that fat off.

14. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Depends on how much weight he has to lose. Cardio in combo with resistance training is what worked for me. I wouldn't recommend ignoring cardio altogether. But that's just me talking from having lost 40+ pounds.

15. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Worked for me, too, GangrelChilde. I'm 30+ pounds lighter, and have lost quite a bit of gut. 10 lbs more and I should be down to about 12% body fat.

16. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

As your body fat % goes down, you should shift your focus to diet and muscle maintainence.

17. strider

strider Valued Member

If you want to have an "8-pack" and see veins in your abs then you just need to step up your training. Do deep heavy front squats for 5 sets of 6 reps. Do floor wipers (an ab exercise from the movie 300) with at least your bodyweight.

If you search for this exercise you'll find it somewhere on the internet. Don't forget bicycle crunches too. Do a lot of them. And could I forget to mention all the cable crunch variations.

And do shed the last bit of fat start training for the 400m, or Velodrome Biking, or the 200 yard butterfly.

You could also get liposuction and take amphetamines. ;-)

18. taekwonguy

taekwonguy Very Valued Member :)

really???? I didn't see those in the film!!!! :confused:

:D

19. Kralk

Kralk Valued Member

A carving knife, or diet I have the same problem, the top of my stomach is really defined and the bottom one arn't, the only thing you can do is loose more fat and try to increase the size of the lower adominals through excerises.

20. Socrastein

I ignored cardio all together. In the past 6 years, I've ran a mile one time. Other than that, I've never ran further than 100m

But that's just me, talking from having lost 85lbs and 10 inches in the past 3 years.

And aside from personal experience, the studies haven't been kind to low-intensity aerobic training. It really is a boring waste of time unless you specifically need it, like you play soccer or compete in marathons.