What is the best striking art for a street fight?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Hazmatac, Nov 8, 2011.

1. American MMA

American MMA Banned Banned

Study your Tao some more. Maybe you will find inner peace, like Kung Fu Panda.

Seriously?

Chill out man, don't give yourself a heart attack.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

And yet you have started threads telling us what JKD and isn't.

3. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

All I see is a mention of you not wanting to name your instructors. I can understand that. The very few people I know outside of MAP know who my instructors are. That's not the issue. The issue is from that same introductory post you sound just like the people who skip from school to school, never sticking around long enough to learn anything. Not surprisingly, among those who take their training seriously, insights from those misguided students don't hold a lot of weight. How you describe your training sounds very similar along those lines too. Do you honestly think you're the first person in the history of MAP to be this way?

If you know a better way to judge an anonymous poster on the Internet, I'm all ears. Hate to burst your bubble, you can't believe everything you read on the Internet. And some of us have this character flaw known as "critical thinking" which make us not take everything people say at face value and want to look a bit deeper behind their reasoning for it.

If you want to be a backyard Bruce Lee, hey, more power to you. I wanted to be a cowboy when I was a kid too.

4. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Exactly. For someone who claims to not care, it's quite obvious he does.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

He only doesn't care becasue we didn't fawn over his - *ahem* - "informative" posts

6. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Must've missed that cue. Next time he posts, I'll have to immediately engage in a sinful activity to show my gratitude.

7. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Do I sound stressed? I was simply saying what you said here...

... ie. Your low quality posts stand for themselves.

8. American MMA

American MMA Banned Banned

Again, you're putting words into my mouth. Are you always this focussed? I'd hate to see what you're like in the gym. You must have eyes like a hawk... My exact words were "I myself", as in, the way "I" train.

Do I look like one of the bare knuckle boxers from the late 1600's? Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot... You're blind as a bat.

Actually, Kuma, I don't care. I thought I did, but it turns out I was wrong. I have no interest in your group, whatsoever. So you guys can all have the last word if you want. I'm done.

9. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Fantastic. You've thrown your tantrum, now you can leave. I'm all about it. Not surprisingly, MAP will not be hindered by your absence.

[​IMG]

10. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

Hannibal, Kuma, Humblebee, etc. but honestly, I don't really care what you know, or what you think you know. I have my own way, and it works for me, and to me, you're just a group of knuckleheads.

What did I do???

11. Hannibal

You did not worship his awesomeness so consider yourself chastised!

12. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

The nail that sticks out gets hammered

13. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Had your own opinion, I guess.

14. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

As did he. His was wrong though:D

15. Demain

Demain Valued Member

It is not about the art, it is about the principles of striking power.
    Basically throwing your whole body into the strikes and good snap.
    The street is much different because anything goes, including weapons.
    You should study ways of using your whole body as a weapon, not only hands.

16. Hannibal

The street is overrated

17. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

The best techniques for a street brawl include crotch rams and tickling them on the ground.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  18. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Dirt roads are d3@dl13r.

19. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veAIHDGghP4"]Don't Mug Yourself - The Streets - YouTube[/ame]

I disagree!

20. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I don't understand this appeal to be considered a street fighter. Street fighting is easy. No matter what you use on it, the street's just going to lie there and take it.