What is martial arts

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Cannonballken, Mar 3, 2005.

?

What is martial arts

1. A way of life

70.9%
  2. a way of combat

36.4%
  3. a fighting sport

14.5%
  4. a reality or universe in which the 3 enities are nutured

7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

I was just wondering what you people thought of martial arts because , for me to imply that all you think that martial arts wouldn't be right on my part so...what do you think ....I would like a poll check and the reason you picked it....Mainly I wanna know what the main stream martial arts view is on martial arts... ;)

2. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

Shields up, red alert!

3. Cannonballken

Cannonballken New Member

Shields up?

Wow ....nothing to say but can you vote please ......and or post a legit message :p please

4. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

You want HIM to post a legit message? :rolleyes: What are you actually asking?

5. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Way of life, duh.

6. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

To me it is way of life, a self defence tool, a confidence builder, an endurance tester, a health & fitness vehicle, the provider / keeper of my own inner peace and sanity, an eternal path of learning with a clearly defined starting point of the path but no end of the path is ever likely to be found.

7. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Cannonballken, you could have at least made the above an option! :)

Old timer. I have been watching to see what was going to be put down in this thread and you put it more eloquently than I ever could. I couldn't agree with you more. :)

8. shootodog

shootodog restless native

it is what you make it.

9. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

Shootodog, is that sakuraba in your picture?

10. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Martial arts is the way of fighting in war. Thats what the word means. Thanks to guns and big ass nukes i dont think many soliders drop their weapons and triple spinning cresent kick people anymore. :cry:

11. NaughtyKnight

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

What the hell is the last option. Oh i get it, its the obviously wrong question in all multiple choice tests. :Angel:

12. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

Ah, it's ok I'm sure some where in the US, Geroge Bush and Sadaam are out kickboxing no holds barred as we speak.

13. NaughtyKnight

LOL.

That would be a great laugh to watch. Might save a few lives aswell.

Bush is a more of a Stavit man i think. ;) :D

14. JinkokMike

JinkokMike New Member

Yeah I know what you mean lol

15. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

A fiver on Saddam. Any takers? :Angel:

16. NaughtyKnight

No way, Im not betting on Bush. If his fighting is anything like his speaches then he is up crap creek with no paddle. He is lucky he has his nukes to hide behind. :D

17. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

I just thought of something; why is it that martial arts is supposed to become your way of life but other hobbies aren't?

18. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

it's a way of combat, a fighting sport and a way of life ;)
    I'm not betting on Bush either. Saddam used to be a petty criminal long before he was a dictator.

19. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Maybe other hobbies do become part of who you are. Perhaps other hobbists just aren't pretentious enough to think that playing squash 3 times a week makes them 'better' than other people.

Did he just call MA practice a hobby?!?! GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR ;)

20. Lucharaan

Lucharaan New Member

I'll take the bet on Sadaam, maybe Bush can stall long enough to make Sadaam tired, or lay and pray, whchever comes first.