What is "Internal MA"?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by alister, Dec 1, 2005.

1. rhunter25911

rhunter25911 Valued Member

You are wise beyond your years and I thank you for such a kind post. If I can help you in your journey in any way do not hesitate. You now have a new friend and I now have a new brother in the arts of the internal. Until later, Great Dan Bian of The Medway Tai Chi Society. Shalom!

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Rigghhhtttt. Because before you told him this, I am sure his intention was to be a lousy teacher and instructor. :rolleyes: Good thing you were here to tell him to try and be good at what he does. Sheesh!

"Only school" Huh? I don't respect anyone telling me their school teaches the one true way in anything. It is disrespectful to the tons of knowledgeable and dedicated teachers in the world. Serious red flag.

3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Quoting wiikipedia is not a reliable source. Just so you know.

I work in a Library for a major city. We are not allowed to cite wikipedia as a source in answering reference questions due to it's unreliability.

Wikipedia, not a valid reference tool in and of itself. It may cite more reliable sources that ARE decent reference tools, but never take Wikipedia at face value.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  4. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Quieten down, aaradia!

Can't you see that Laoshi Rhunter25911 and I are having a serious discussion here? Before our conversation, I had every intention of failing my students in every way possible - but Laoshi has opened my eyes!
    Your feeble skills are not up to the task of communicating with us!! :eek:

True bromance is blossoming here.
    Schlong to you, too! :love:

[/:evil:]

5. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Yeah,I immediately recognized this as Chia's curriculum.Except I don't recall any stem cell ch'i gung in the 1970s.Nice to see ancient practices keeping up with science.:rolleyes:

Most of these are established practices in that particular field but bear in mind most of them are not martial specific practices. It's fine if you want to practice things which purport to gather energy from the stars but many of us here are more likely to devote our time to more martial oriented practices. (Or other methods of The Tao of Love and Sex).

True "internal" martial arts. Says who? Does it occur to you that generations of "IMA" practitioners have been successful w/out following this curriculum?

My first teacher was an early student of Chia's before Chia was well known and running seminars.Many of my classmates became seriously involved with Chia's seminars and practices. I didn't become involved with Chia's teachings at all but my classmates still couldn't stand with me.How you explain that seeing as how I evidently wasn't practicing "true internal martial arts",just (I guess) lousy T'ai Chi?

Look,it's great to have your practices if you find them useful and enjoyable. I certainly know people who did.One of my classmates did the illustrations for Chia's earlier books and an old friend wrote the preface to one.

However coming on here and saying things the gist of which is "if you're not doing this curriculum you're not really doing "IMAs" is - a) not true, and b) a mindset not likely to make friends and influence people. You don't come off as a bad person or anything but you might wish to weigh what you're saying to people here,some of whom have many years of experience in these things.

Saying if someone was teaching this they "would be the only school that offers true internal martial arts" is a rather unkind (and highly erroneous) thing to say to people who may have their own (proven) practices.

Why don't you go tell B.K.Frantzis he needs to do Chia's curriculum or he isn't doing "true" IMAs? That should be good for a laugh.

Oh, you monks with your vows of poverty and chastity. If you had a brain you'd cash in on this stuff big time.Even if it may entail teaching some things in a two day seminar and then leaving the students to practice on their own without the guidance of a teacher when pitfalls occur. Really,who cares if that's ethically questionable?

I'm rather miffed that you've achieved the title of Dan in T'ai Chi. I suppose this means cloudz and I must now kow tow in your presence.:hail::hail:

6. rhunter25911

Hello, El Medico

"Saying if someone was teaching this they "would be the only school that offers true internal martial arts" is a rather unkind (and highly erroneous) thing to say to people who may have their own (proven) practices."

I did not mean to offend any one, and if I did then I greatly apologize. My question is: What martial style do you know of, that teaches you how to channel, absorb, and store internal energy as a full curriculum to your development?

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Which brings us back to the earlier point - You cannot store what does not exist

8. rhunter25911

I am aware of the short comings of Wikipedia. I only used it to point out a true fact about Wu Dan and Wu Tang Styles. Since you work in a Library I am sure that you can provide me with more concrete information about these styles. If there is something out there that will teach me about my internal self, then please share it with me, because I would love to study and practice it. I do carry an open mind and not afraid of change. I may be wrong, if so please correct me so that I can be right, if in fact I am wrong, please lead me to the right path so I may be able to begin my Journey.

9. rhunter25911

????

Are you saying that energy does not exist or chi? Do you know that they are one in the same. Air is the perfect example of unseen energy. Buy if I hold my breath and stop using air, my final result will not be good. I am sure glad that I know better than that.

10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

chi has varied definitions depending on individuals.
    its like god, its an individualistic belief that cant be proved in an acceptable manner

11. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

and dare i ask what stem cell qigong is?

12. rhunter25911

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MC6DC8X5wA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MC6DC8X5wA[/ame]

13. rhunter25911

Stem Cell Qigong is new to me! I have been in practice for a long time and this particular Qigong is unusual to me. Just like any Great Master, maybe he developed it.

14. rhunter25911

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd3DgGNsBeY"]Stem Cell Qigong[/ame]

15. Hannibal

All those videos are readily explained away if not outright debunked - the Derren Brown videos I posted earlier prove that to a tee

Do you have a favourite charity or worthy cause perchance?

16. Hannibal

That's because you have no oxygen - which has crap all to do with any energy force other than "o2=dead"

17. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Stahp it. I want to find out what stem cell qigong is first.

18. rhunter25911

What page are your videos on, I would love to watch them. Give me a link Hanninal.

19. Hannibal

20. rhunter25911

- This belongs to you.

The Derren Brown videos are great. Good job.