What instrument do you play?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Pepsi32123, May 31, 2004.

?

What instrument do you play?

1. Guitar/Bass Guitar

196 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Band Drums

27 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Stringed (violin, viola, chello, bass, ect...)

21 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Piano

42 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Woodwind

34 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. Brass

22 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Handhelled (harmonica, okerina (sp?), ect...)

6 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Other (please specify)

38 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Evil Betty

Evil Betty Birdy, birdy birdy

I play metal/shred guitar and a bit of classical guitar. I sing and program drum machines as well. I mainly like death metal and prog rock.

2. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

blues harp all the way, started this year and i love it

3. Tribalweapon

Tribalweapon Valued Member

Does playing the radio count?

If not well...I do play a mean belly drum :D

4. ladyfist

ladyfist New Member

I play the trumpet in the FSU Marching Chiefs and I also play the viola and a little irish bohdran drum.

5. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I'm fairly good with an ocarina. :D

6. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

Just started learning to play the harmonica, the most noble of instruments.

7. iolair

iolair Mostly Harmless

Alto Clarinet is my main interest (that's a slightly-larger-than-normal clarinet, with a curve in the end, and a neckstrap).

Yes, read music (of course) ... although I usually play by ear or improvise.

I also play descant recorder... both of those I've played in public.

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  8. billz

billz New Member

I play the Hammond Organ and piano.

9. Pastyti

Pastyti Banned Banned

Been playing 38 years (Guitar) can read the dots but mostly by ear and sing (not by ear, find the mouth works better!! although??) 3 - 4 part harmonies. Accumulated some gear over the years, currently have 54 Fender Tele, 57 Fender Strat, 62 Fender Jaguar & 59 Gibbo 335 and assorted accoustics/electro accoustics. Amps are 62 Vox AC30 TB, 65 Fender Twin Reverb, 71 Marshall 100 head and 2 4X12 cabs & Simms Watts 200 head & 2 4X12's, plus the usual assortment of pedals, effects & echos. All original except valve changes in the amps over the years.

10. Jarkovitch

Jarkovitch New Member

I've played voilin for 6 (or is it 7) years now. I can read music like nobodys buisseness. (well, treble anyways, I'm learning the rest as we speak). I plan on playing for the rest of my life and have very sold plans of stuying futher when I leve for school.

11. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

7-string electric guitar. I've been playing for only about half a year. I play almost entirely by ear, but look at the occasional tab.

12. xen

xen insanity by design

guitar for the last 14 years, mainly acoustic, yes i can read music...but not too hot at sight reading

keyboards/synths/drum programming for the last 9 years, although that has taken a back seat this year, planning to get back into it in the new year

13. JSun

JSun Valued Member

14. tellner

tellner Valued Member

African drums - Djembe, Dununs

also Congas and Doumbek

15. Eldmoln

Eldmoln Valued Member

I play guitar, both acoustic and electric. I have an old nylonstring acoustic from a brand called Framus, I gave her the name Franzesca (you have to give your instrument or weapon a name to give live to them). My electrucguitar is a Standard Stratocaster by the brand Squire, I gave her the name Selina (Selina is the real live name of Catwoman in the Batman Comics and she here my favorit character back in the days). I mostly play for myself and for peaople who are visiting me at my place. Thats about all.

Greetings,

Marco.

16. BRECKDOG

BRECKDOG Valued Member

Amber Highway 1 strat with Humbuker at the bridge.

Thniking about a cool playable acoustic

17. Snakedragon

Snakedragon New Member

Belly trombone :D

18. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I play the saxophone. I played for about 4 years back in the day, but I just picked it up a few months ago, and I just toot around a bit. Play the blues, play some scales.

19. SwordOfDamocles

SwordOfDamocles New Member

Bass guitar. I'm also experimenting with the chanter so that one day I can skirl on the bagpipes.

20. Peacemaker

Peacemaker New Member

Japanese bamboo flute