What instrument do you play?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Pepsi32123, May 31, 2004.

?

What instrument do you play?

1. Guitar/Bass Guitar

196 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Band Drums

27 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Stringed (violin, viola, chello, bass, ect...)

21 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Piano

42 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Woodwind

34 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. Brass

22 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Handhelled (harmonica, okerina (sp?), ect...)

6 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Other (please specify)

38 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

How long have you been playing the violin? I've played for about a year and a half. 500 dollars per wedding isn't a bad deal, eh? I used to play bass guitar until it fell apart. The okirena sounds pretty cool, kind of an Irish sound

Yes, the vocals, or singing, is an instrument.

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Guitar here. Can't read music and got a tin ear. Been playing for about 20 years give or take. Made a demo (laying around the house somewhere) and a video. Me and a friend on acoustic, playing stuff we wrote and a few covers we mutilated. He's the one who can sing, I sound like a crow choking on a piece of barb wire.

3. La Mancha

La Mancha Valued Member

Flute, 30 years, just average.
    I read music but the story line is weak, the syntax stinks and the words are difficult to understand. :D
    Just kidding

David

4. Jame$

Jame$ New Member

I play guitar all the time!
    Martial arts and playing music are the only ways I deal with life's hectic pace!

5. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

Guitar and bass here. A bit of drums, keys and vocals too.

I was in a rather amusing band last year for my college course's live performance module. The website is still up and can be found at http://therev.rocks.it/ .

And yes, I'm the titular Reverend. :D

6. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

I've been playing for 6 six years, but I don't do weddings or anything. I just play at holidays at home and in concerts at school.

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I began playing guitar when I was 12 ... haven't played in a few years.

8. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

I play harmonica....kind-of (as in poorly) ;) :p

9. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

When I get a couple more years of experience, I'm going to play the violin at a school tallent show or Mr. GC. I could care less to win, I just want to be noticed for a rare tallent. Only one other kid in our 1000 population school plays the violin, but I have seen him for about 13 months now, so I guess he moved. Good kid, didn't get expelled, but I heard he was real good.

10. renshinkai

renshinkai New Member

I play snare drum (that's your bog-standard drum with some wires on the bottom to give it a funny sound) in a marching military (cadets) band. I also play the guitar. Been playing since November. I have a lil piano skill, and can read music for guitar and normally.

11. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

I'm protective about my violin. I don't like when people touch it, so never woudl I take it to the military unless I had a spare.

Cadets? Like...under the age of 18? I'm in that, too. I'm in the USNSC Indianapolis. Where are you located at? One more question, did you go to flagship May 15-16 in Great Lakes, Chicago?

12. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

I cannot play any instruments :( but can make digitally enhanced music/sounds.

13. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

Digital? Isn't that the same thing as techno? One thing I like, I don't know if it can be classified as an instrument, but some people can make themselves sound like a synthesizer. The do it for their friends with everyone's break dancin' on the streets. Some of them are pretty good.

14. dashao

dashao New Member

drums here in a rock band too

15. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

I play the same as Guerilla Fists, maybe we can hook up for a jam session some time :eek:

16. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

Yeah, but I also made sound effects for a video game mod. "
    Music. A device for playing or producing music: a keyboard instrument" . I would say it is by this definition.

17. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Guitar and piano ... poorly. But someday I'll be good.
    And yes, I can read the music.

18. ninposam

ninposam hojo man

well i play the didgeridoo.
    played it for like 3 years now

19. kempo penguin

kempo penguin New Member

Other, by that i mean several
    1. saxaphone
    2. percussion- drums tymbani bells ect...
    3. six string guitar

20. jonesy0039

jonesy0039 New Member

a few instruments

i can play the piano, guitar and the drums. and i can read music for them all :cool:.