What instrument do you play?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Pepsi32123, May 31, 2004.

?

What instrument do you play?

1. Guitar/Bass Guitar

196 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Band Drums

27 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Stringed (violin, viola, chello, bass, ect...)

21 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Piano

42 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Woodwind

34 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. Brass

22 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Handhelled (harmonica, okerina (sp?), ect...)

6 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Other (please specify)

38 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Kobela

Kobela New Member

what instrument?

Well, I put down other but there was nowhere to 'specify' other than this. Aside from self defense instructor and 3D CAD Modeler for a Physics Lab at Cornell University, I am none other than JOMO the King of Kazoo. I am first a singer, secondly a lifelong (age 60) player of the 12 string guitar. I primarily perform 1930 Jugband songs and Blues and use as my lead instrument a home made 4 tier kazoo - that's one stem with 4 kazooys on it. I played professionally for over 15 years but stopped when I had to get a REAL job so I could responsibly raise my 3 children (they are now grown). So now I'm also an avid motorcyclist. You just gotta have too much fun! Tom Kobela

2. Ana-mia

Ana-mia New Member

i can read music but not fast, nor can i play any instrument, i gave up on guitar
    now i just stick to the keyboard, my computer keyboard that is :)

3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Tinwhistles.Well,plastic,wood,etc.Bought my first one yeeeears ago in a guitar shop when one of my best friends was buying his Strat.Used to play harmonica and thinking of revisiting that area.Had to make a choice when young as to whether to study Uilleann pipes or get hit in the head a lot.So I stuck a whistle in my back pocket and contented myself with that.Now I have metal low key whistles big enough to use for Kali sticks in a pinch.

Learned to read music playing mellophone,French horn and trumpet in elementary school.Not a musician,just a whistle player."Course I hear that's what they say about the pros!

Mr. K., a belated welcome to MAP.I live just outside of town,and in the past spent years training and teaching on campus.Nice to see you here.

4. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

fender strat 60s it's worth more than me. Been playing forty years sons are roadies and occasinaly call on me to play "vintage" rock and roll and teach the duck walk.

regards koyo

5. Leaf

Leaf New Member

I play multiple woodwind instruments, clarinet being my first. My school orchestra dictates what I end up playing at any given time.

There are a lot of guitar players. I'm attempting and failing miserably.

6. Sheep

Sheep Valued Member

I recently started the guitar but I'm not too bad at it. I can only read tablature for it though. I played the piano for about ten years. I can read the sheet music for that. I've done a bit of recorder and violin and while I can read the sheet music, I can't really play all that well. I like to sing and I attended choir first as a treble, then alto and now a tenor.

7. Arcana

Arcana Valued Member

Although I do play keys to some degree I'm more a composer/producer than anything else.

So I mostly play the mouse I suppose.

8. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

play?

I fiddle with a bass guitar (have both a 4 and a 5 string)...

Well not exactly fiddle...finger style, slap, tap, pick... you get my drift!

Yes I read music.. have done so since I was a child.

cheers, powchoy

9. madknight

madknight Valued Member

i play guitar. i've been playing for a little less than a year now. still not anything great with it but i'm not too bad.

i also can't read sheet music for guitar, only tabs. but eventually i will learn how to read sheet music and learn to play by ear

10. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

I've played guitar for years. I'm really good.

11. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I've played guitar or six years, I'm really mediocre :(

12. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

I'm not. I'm really, really, really good!

13. NKR

NKR Valued Member

I play guitar (25 years). Keyboard (5 years)

14. julz122

julz122 Valued Member

My main instrument that i play is guitar, but i also play the piano, double bass and drums :D

15. shaolin fighter

shaolin fighter Banned Banned

I play the kazoo. :D

16. jfleshner

jfleshner Valued Member

I play the guitar a little and have fiddle around with the bass and banjo

17. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Have taken up drums.

Started on something fairly easy - Enter Sandman - and am going to combine that with tutorials so hopefully will go well!

It's an electronic kit so I bought some wireless headphones to save the family some grief and ear-ache! :p

18. vismitananda

vismitananda Valued Member

I am a progressive metal drummer in a local band. As well as a bassist of the same genre.
    :)

19. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Excellent, prog-metal rules!

I play guitar, I've studied Classical Guitar (got a Diploma from the Conservatorium here) I like to shred, play jazz, fusion, prog-metal, anything which is fast and technical is the most fun. :happy:

20. Satchoki

Satchoki Valued Member

Be good if you had the option to vote for more than one.

I can play the guitar, violin, and piano