What inspires you

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by NaughtyKnight, Dec 20, 2004.

1. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I would like to write about the moment in my life, where i knew that i had to be a part of Martial Arts. I would also like you all to share your memories with me and everyone else.

My hero, is no famous martial artist, nor is he the best MAist in history, nor has he ever competed in a single competion. No my hero is an averagly skilled MAist.

My hero is a victim of a heart conditon. This means that he should be avoiding all exercise that causes alot of strain on the heart. So what does my hero do in response to this statement. He choose to train in TKD (he was always very stubbon).

Did he ever let his condtion pull him down, did he ever let his poor health slow him down, NO. In response to being not as skilled as everyone else, he just trained harder. If everyone else did 100 kicks, he did 1000. If everyone else ran 1km, he ran 5.

I remember the moment that i decided to do martial arts. I was coming to pick my hero up from practise, i was early so i watched from outside. All the other people were sparing, but no one would spar with him. So he was in the corner, shadow sparing. He was showing signes of exhastion, but he didnt stop. He just went harder.

My hero was my brother. I would like to thank him for inspiring me to do martial arts, the best thing that has ever happened to me. If i ever feel tired, or that i cant go on anymore, i picture my brother in the garden, practising for hours, i feel him empowering me to continue.

I would like to wish you all luck, in your martial arts dreams.