What in the hell is Mukushin Ryu?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Banpen Fugyo, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

I was looking up some martial arts places in the area and I came across this:

http://www.mukushin.com/

Some vague description of a Japanese sword-wielding samurai master and a generic background information page but I cant find any other information about the school..... :dunno:

2. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

3. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

To me his cuts look average, some are ok, some look like the angle was all wrong (which is when the bamboo flies furthest.) And I dunno, I've never seen anyone "cut" bamboo with the back of the katana before. I dunno whether to think "Wow he can even cut it with the back of the katana" like is no doubt the plan, or "Is this mofo crazy, the edge is facing his face!"

Googled the founder's name and got three results. one is a racing bloke called the same name (minus the Kageyuzaemon), the other two are the site itself and wikipedia.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it's not as legit koryu as the site claims it to be :p

Having said all that, the iaido class I tried Sunday admits it's not koryu, but a stab's a stab I guess. If you're after a sword class I wouldn't write it off, depending how much it costs (like if they're asking a ton of money to train with the duden ubermeister I'd look elsewhere.
    I'm not a doctor or anything, just offering an opinion. Play on.

4. Hyper_Shadow

Hyper_Shadow Valued Member

I'm with that school of thought :)

5. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I hope the blade isnt sharp. Even if the blade is dull, it is still sharper than he (per the knife in the drawer)

6. Hyper_Shadow

Hyper_Shadow Valued Member

7. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Dont get me started on ideas.
    My mindset is in a freaky mood

Would this be Munchkusin Ryu?

[​IMG]