What has been working for you?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Yukimushu, Mar 2, 2005.

1. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

Standing: for me my lead to Strong cross punch is working well
    Takedown: Double leg shoot to wedge sag has 100% worked for me so far.
    Ground: the chest press neck crank is my favorite from there, its such an awesome move.

2. randall

randall New Member

been pulling of a few good armbars recently

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I've been trying to work on the Kimura more; mainly from north south position.

4. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

if this is the move i'm thinking of then i'm tapping through cyberspace. that move hurts! :cry:

5. shootodog

shootodog restless native

i find that working off the side mount offers the most number of opportunities for me.

6. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

FTU, It probably is, i'm proud of this move lol

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

The good old Jab, cross, kick has been working well lately. Really helps open the opponents ribs up.

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Ahh, my fave. I prefer side control though, I feel more comfortable there.

9. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Me too. I seem to be more comfortable in side control or North-South in a purely sub orientated environment.

10. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

From North/South, kimura/armbar from the underhook. If I can't get the underhook, from the overhook I'll bring their arm back over their head and across their neck - cross body scoop I think it was called on here? I'm looking at working on a head/arm choke or an armbar from this position. I'm rarely here these days as I'm busy busy working my guard to make up for when I would avoid going to my guard and try to play top game all the time.

In stand up, the good old left jab is really starting to work a treat, especially when I start moving around and step in off the front foot and throw it. I'm now starting to follow up with combinations.

11. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Been working more from the knee mount as well lately. I like the fact that it inflects a measure of discomfort and allows a good degree of mobility.

12. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

Knee ride is a favourite of mine :)

13. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I just love north and south because your sat over the oppoents head, pinning them to the floor - and there's very little they can do to escape other than trying to turn over, in which case their back is exposed.

14. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I remember Erik Paulson showed us some north south counters at the seminar I went to but I can't remember the mechanics of them! I haven't grappled properly for so long that I've lost it :cry: However, that should hopefully change tonight :D

15. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Why's that Adam? :) Whats happening tonight :confused: