What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Pointed by Dualshock 4 controller at 'Monster Hunter World' on the PS4.

I'm only a few days in, and so far, I'm not seeing what the hype is. It is very similar (so far) to other Monster Hunter games I've played on my PS2, PSP, Wii, and 3DS. It's very familiar or perhaps over-familiar now...

Still, monsters have never looked better...

2. VoidKarateka

VoidKarateka Valued Member

Just finished Yakuza Kiwami on my PS4 (Yakuza is one of the greatest series of games Sega has ever produced).

I've gotten back into playing World of Warcraft recently. I'm currently taking my overpowered Demon Hunter through Mosts of Pandaria content.

3. Chimpcheng

I was never into the 'Yakuza' series, but in the last few months I did pick up 'Yakuza 0' for the PS4, and so far, so good. It has an interesting story..

4. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

Wildlands is one of the best singleplayer games I have played.

I bought Fortnite when it sold foudners pack for their "Save the World" pve experience. Never got into the whole Battle Royale mode.

I played Monster Hunter World but as a newcomer to the serie got very bored very soon :)

As a MMORPG enthousiast I'm waiting on Tera Online on the PS4. And I wonder what the Battlefield 2018 will be, hopefully EA wont milk this one like they did with Battlefront 2.

axelb and Van Zandt like this.
  5. Chimpcheng

I can easily see that, to a newbie it can seem overwhelming and daunting, there is a lot going on on the screen. I found that with my first Monster Hunter game many moons ago..

6. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Star Wars Battlefront 2, just played the best game of my life! 51-0 on elite difficulty! Time to retire... or maybe one more game!

Frodocious and axelb like this.
  7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Doom.

axelb likes this.
  8. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Been playing kingdom come: deliverance over the last 4wks.

If you can look past the launch bugs and the at times horrendous texture pop in it's really engaging.

Combat is punishing but rewarding when you develop competence.

Few design choices I dislike which feel incongruent with the vision of medieval SIM such as the inventory size and the programming choices around reputation, theivery and stealth killing.

With that said it absolutely pans anything Bethesda have produced over the last decade.

Southpaw535 likes this.
  9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Finally got around playing "Uncharted: Lost Legacy".

It might lack Nate, but it's still tons of fun and has great story-telling (for my liking anyway).
    Also - Nadine kicks butt :D
    And Chloe - well, Claudia Black. Won't say more :cool:

Even though I really doubt it has influence on the story:
    I can't watch enough at the little elephant herd. So cool!
    And beautifully done! :oops:

axelb likes this.
  10. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Been glued to Kingdom Come Deliverance since launch and it is an amazing experience especially since the recent updates to get rid of the occasional bug. Lock picking is still nigh on impossible through..
    Also been blasting through Elite Dangerous which has been in my library for a while just to take a break from KCD. Amazing experience although not brave enough to go from solo play yet...

Knee Rider likes this.
  11. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

I hadn't really experienced many bugs until last week, after the monastery mission. I'm now at a point during the main quest where I consistently recieve an infinite loading screen between a particular cut scene. This means my game is unfinishable and unplayable. I'm completely gutted and a little annoyed.

Dan93 likes this.
  12. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Not struggling with the lockpicking much myself personally. After I managed the first lock (finally) and got the system it wasn't so bad.

Dan93 likes this.
  13. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Warhorse have just confirmed a new patch so hopefully it sorts it. Out next week apparently. Only serious bug for me was the quest "In God's hands" where you have to find the priest and he would not talk to me..reloaded after the last update and was working fine. In Warhorse' s defense at least they are listening to players issues and fixing them which alot of the AAA developers don't do. Hope your issue gets sorted.

14. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Are you playing on console or PC. Lock picking was made easier on the last update but I still can't open a blooming easy lock. Hoping it will get easier as I level it up as I avoided it while waiting for Warhorse' to review the system. Not as shakey like I have a bad case of the DT's but still can't manage a single lock. Saying that I'm getting pretty good at the combat system which makes the game for me.

15. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

When you start out, you get knocked out by the big bald guy, rescued by Theresa, and wake up by the mill. Behind the mill there's a chest you can lockpick repeatedly. You can max out lockpicking VERY quickly with that.

16. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

PC, I can imagine it being an absolute pain on console. I suck at the combat so you're doing better than me :p

Dan93 likes this.
  17. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

Been playing a whole bunch of Into The Breach, the new one by the guys who made Faster Than Light. Quite addictive, slightly challenging, and very fun giant robot roguelike.

18. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

WHY DID NO ONE INFORM ME!?

19. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

@philosoraptor : Hey mate, there is new game out.
    It's called "The Breach" and is from the same people that made "Faster Than Light".
    Better go and check it out!

Still playing "Lost Legacy".
    Nadine gets better and better :cool:

philosoraptor likes this.
  20. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Tried that before the patch and kept running out of lockpicks. I will pop back and try again. Ta