What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I'm about to buy a raspbery Pi and set up the emulation software to play retro games, has anyone else here done this yet? Any common issues??

2. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Took a break from "Titan Quest", but will continue soon.
    The break mainly happened, because I didn't manage to win against Typhon :oops:
    Now I have forgotten all of the controls, so I can get back to the game and learn them again by leveling my character up :rolleyes:

Also spend time on "The Walking Dead: Our World" on the phone.
    I even got my own group - totally by accident!
    I joined a group, became co-leader when the original leader left.
    And then became leader when his successor left.
    So, now I have my own group - located in the US :D
    Anyone wants to join, please do. We need active players, after a bunch left, when we didn't level up, due to one challenge of the whole bunch :confused:

axelb likes this.
  3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I had a play if walking dead our world also. Not a bad game, but hard to play with the kids around most of the time.

4. ned

ned Valued Member

axelb likes this.
  5. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Have you tried "Grim Dawn"? It's made by the same guys (under different name, admittedly) and it's just... better. Like, better than every single game in the genre made before - my beloved "Torchlight" included.

I'm currently alternating between GD, the new (for me :rolleyes:) Doom, and Dying Light. Doom is good, mindless, gory fun; Dying Light is fairly recent but the core gameplay (parkour and melee combat) seems fun enough; I hear sequel will retain that while being more sandbox-oriented which I'm quite happy with.

Latikos likes this.
  6. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Haven't even heard of it.
    So, I was being clever, and googled it ;)
    PC and XBox One-exclusive.
    Funny enough, I am tempted to get an XBox at the moment, because there is a deal: 166Euro, including a second controller *thinking emoticon here*

7. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

playing luminosity lately on my smartphone; great brain training app, fun games, lots covered and able to compare statistics.

8. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I started "Shadow of the Tomb Raider" a couple of days ago.
    The first twenty minutes were crap - not because of the game itself, but because I got a bit motion sick (second time ever I had that problem with a game in third person).
    I changed a little something in the options and kept playing the next day; first few minutes made me feel weird, but than there was no problem anymore.

So, yeah, playing the game at the moment and am so far really enjoying it.
    It does have its moments though, where you think: Hey, we had something similar in the first two games.
    Doesn't hurt the game too much so far though.

axelb likes this.
  9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Got told to buy Nier:Automota by someone at work. No idea about it but playing that tomorrow. Otherwise pottering around when I have time with Red Dead and with Total War Warhammer

10. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

This is embarassing; it's actually called lumosity.
    I guess it must be working.

Van Zandt likes this.
  11. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I'm back to playing "Dragon Age: Origins", the Ultimate Edition.
    I finished once a while ago, and now it came over me, to go for the rest of the trophies, including the DLC.
    I'm enjoying it as much as I did the last time, but am rushing through it, as right now I would finally be in the mood to start the second game as well :oops:

Gosh, this makes me dream of KotOR-Remakes and a third game of it :(

axelb likes this.
  12. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

I'm trying Anthem this weekend on the VIP Demo.

I'm not a fan of EA but I'm a big fan of Bioware, so I hope EA won't screw this one up.

13. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Let us know how it is, please.

Because: Same here essentially, ignoring the Demo.

Just yesterday I read, that Bioware had been trying several times to promote a new KotOR with EA.
    But with EA being rubbish, they apparently just said no.
    For all I care, EA can go and die.

14. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

I'll keep you updated how it has been....

I'll be playing it on console PS4.

Latikos likes this.
  15. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Excellent, that's where I would be playing it as well :cool:

And where I will play the Resident Evil 2 demo soon :D

16. Steph23

Steph23 New Member

Happy wheels Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2019
  17. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Battlefield V.

looks better, I like the dependency to work as a team (however, online there are still many who try to run it solo)

could do with more maps, but they will come in time. I find the dying bit disturbing, having the choice to beg for your revival as team mates stand ignorantly next to you

18. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

That's why I don't like these games.
    The idea is good: Working as a team.
    But in the end, most people run around solo and it's just no fun.

I had a similar experience with "The Last of Us" - back on PS3 it was no fun at all, because 90% of the time, people didn't care for the other players.
    Funny enough I actually enjoyed it (most of the time anyway) on PS4, because most people played as a team.
    I was even surprised, that the online modus could be fun!

I started "Dragon Age 2" this morning.
    I also tried preparing myself with a trophy guide; but I think I read so much, that I ended up not caring and counting a second playthrough in xD

Southpaw535 and axelb like this.
  19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Just sat down with Resident Evil 2. Holy crap it's good!

axelb likes this.
  20. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I was thinking about pre-ordering it, but didn't.
    What I saw, which isn't much, because I would be the one to find a spoiler in anything, it looked great.

I hope the demo isn't still playable, so I can get hooked for the game, (when I have the money for it, lol.)

Did they keep the atmosphere of the game or did they gave it some shooter-like feel?