What exactly is IMA? Only fighting? Something else?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by BorisPretovsky, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BorisPretovsky

BorisPretovsky Banned Banned

I was showing a guy some picture and telling him it applied to IMA. He said no, that cannot be. There is no martial arts or fighting in the picture so it cannot be related to IMA. This frustrated me because as long as the person believes this, they are limited as to what they can learn. I kept thinking about how I could get someone to break out of the little rectangular box with INTERNAL MARTIAL ARTS printed on the outside of it.This was hard for me because it seem so obvious.

I think it is safe to guess that everyone reading this is human. If that is true, there are only two types of human bodies, male and female. Internal martial arts are a codified practice to produce specific changes in the human body. Any human body on the planet. Whether a person calls themselves an IMA or not, a certain technique will change them so that the behave like they are IMA whether they want it to or not.

What if people are not fighters? They don't want to be called IMA. They still do practices that fit the description of IMA, practices that produce specific changes within the human body. But they label it Dance or Beauty Styling or Meditation or even "everyday body maintenance". By that I mean, did you know there is a specific way to wipe your bottom? Weird idea huh?

I guess I never did figure out how I could get thru to the person that other ideas apply to IMA whether they look like it or not. The only plan I could come up with was to keep talking and to keep showing them things and keep making them think. Then one day the big pile of stuff I show them breaks thru the wall in their brain and they see the point.

Here is an example of what I mean when I say that the ideas of IMA permeate human society. This is a real news story from today.

I claim that the following story relates to IMA. If you are interested, would you mind telling me if you agree or disagree, and why you agree or disagree. I am hoping someone else will step forth and explain this story. People get tired of listening to the same person talk all the time. ;)

---
    Story concerns the princess of Denmark I think it is. Husband is Danish, Princess is Australian.

Mary was never subjected to the pea test, but her husband and Sydneysiders seem in no doubt that she is indeed a true princess.

The fairytale world of Hans Christian Andersen came to life yesterday when the Crown Prince of Denmark and his Australian-born princess helped celebrate the Danish storyteller's 200th birthday.

On the royal couple's last day in Sydney, Frederik appointed his wife an honorary Hans Christian Andersen ambassador at a ceremony at the Opera House.

In one of Andersen's fairytales, The Princess and the Pea, the queen hides a pea under a mountain of mattresses to test the royal credentials of her prospective daughter-in-law.

The princess wakes up black and blue, and is deemed fit to marry the prince because only a real princess would be sensitive enough to feel the tiny pea.

Frederik confided his mother, Denmark's Queen Margarethe, did not subject Mary to the pea test before giving their marriage her blessing.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

"Boris" aka Happeh aka Woodrow aka Billy Johnstone or whatever...

I will keep this short.

How many accounts are you going to go through here before you get it into your skull that you are not welcome here?

Go somewhere else to air your perverse deluded fantasies.

Yours

"MAP crybabies & Weaklings"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.