What ethnicity are you most?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by jujitsuka07, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Mandras

Mandras Eats Ninjas For Breakfast

100% Irish... as far back as I can tell anyways...

2. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

!00% pure homegrown Irish

3. G50

G50 Night Owl

On my dad's side - from Germany, Czechoslovakia, and Holland

On my mom's side - Russian

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Mostly English, a bit of welsh.
    Although no one can really say for sure what their ancestory is until they do a full family tree.
    Especially in places as prone to immigration as Britain or the USA.
    There could be anything lurking back in your ancestory.

5. Guizzy

Guizzy with Arnaud and Eustache

Traced my lineage; I'm as close as can be to 100% French (Québecois from French origins) farmers up to 1603. From there; no records.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  6. Mevans

Mevans Valued Member

Dads side - Former USSR (I don't know exactly where), Welsh and English

Moms side - English

7. Lame Leopard

Lame Leopard Valued Member

8. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Greek Cypriot, both sides. Going back though is anyones guess.. Cyprus has had load of different peoples in & out over the course of its history. I'd love to do a family tree type thing one day if possible..

9. mijorobert

mijorobert Valued Member

mexican,italian,irish,sweedish,a lil native american and a lil spanish :cool:

10. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

English

11. Kraken

Kraken Valued Member

Prussian, German,Czech,Polish,Scottish,Irish.........My last name is european in origin

12. Ciar2001

Ciar2001 New Member Supporter

both parents are from the England, grandmothers English and grandfathers Irish :)

and if you go further back a bit of Spanish.

about all i know except i have a ton of family in England and Ireland.

13. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

100% Irish

14. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Man… ya’ll are so amateur, I'm gonna be a smart **** and give ya’ll a genetic breakdown of my ancestry. :Angel:

On my dads side tis haplogroup Q (M242):

Haplogroup Q, defined by marker M242, appeared on the M45 lineage and includes most Native Americans. Its origin lies in Siberia some 15,000 to 20,000 years ago - during the savagely cold climate of that period.

The adaptable descendants of M242 survived by hunting large mammals and invented cold-weather living techniques still employed by their modern Arctic descendants. They developed new shelters, new types of clothing, and new tools for an increasingly challenging environment.

In the ice-free regions of Siberia these people sat poised to enter a new world. About 15,000 years ago they did just that. With much of Earths water locked up in ice sheets, period sea levels were some 350 feet (100 meters) lower than at present. Consequently a land mass called Beringia connected present day Alaska and provided a crossing for the peopling of the Americas.

The genetic data coincide with archaeological evidence for a Beringia crossing that enabled North American settlement only after about 15,000 years ago.

Somehow the pregnancy of M242 migrated further south through the Americas. Just how they gained passage through the era's prevalent ice cover is unknown. Some speculate that an ice-free Rocky Mountain corridor allowed safe travel, while others favor a hypothesis of coastal migration. Whatever their route out of modern Alaska, the descendants of M242 were the first explorers of the New World.

I'm so proud of my Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Grand Pa!

On my mums side tis haplogroup U:

Haplogroup U descendants gave rise to several different subgroups, some of exhibit very specific geographic homelands. The very old age of these subgroups has led to a wide distribution; today they harbor specific European, North African and Indian components, and are found in Arabia, the Northern Caucasus Mountains and throughout the Near East.

While some members of this haplogropu headed north into Scandinavia, or south into North Africa, most members of haplogroup U stem from a group that moved northward out of the Near East. These women crossed the ruged Caucasus Mountains in southern Russia, and moved on to the steppes of the Black Sea. These individuals represent movements from the Black Sea steppes west into regions that comprise the present-day Baltic states and western Eurasia. This grassland then served as the home base for subsequent movement north and west. Today, members of these lineages are found in Europe and the eastern Mediterranean at frequencies of almost seven percent of the population.

Go Great* Gran Ma!

Above info wholly plagiarized from National Geographic’s Genographic project. If you wanna have a pop, need to get your mums and dad’s DNA or similar.

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/index.html

I guess I could be a simpleton and say 50% Azeri (fm Dad), 50% (fm Mum) Russian, but that does not say too much. ;)

Yes, I got my head up my culo…

15. fogo

fogo Valued Member

african american/native american, mohawk tribe, nothin but the best :cool:

16. TheDoughnut

TheDoughnut New Member

Iranian father, Turkish mother.

Japanese girlfriend. Go figure.

17. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

Half Dutch, half Swedish, so I'm about as Northen European as one can get. Have a big interest in Asatru as well.

Best regards,

-Mark

18. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

Scottish, American Indian, English, Irish Listed in order from most to least. In other words I am an angry drunk :D

19. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

indian :D ... witha bit of portuguese ancestry

20. FONB

FONB Banned Banned

100% Crazy ethnicity.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007