What does it feel to be hit in the groin?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by RedBagani, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

It is often thought that a strike to the groin is a sure way to render a man senseless. I was wondering if any of you think otherwise. I know somone who has been struck there but was not hurt.

2. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

The general opinion is that while a strike to a man's groin will cause pain, the extent and effect of that pain can vary greatly due to numerous factors. Those include what clothing they are wearing, the amount of adrenaline in their system, and their overall pain threshold.

The basic rule of thumb is that a kick to the groin should not be treated as a panacea or self defense cure all. Rather it should be thought of as part of a large response that includes other striking options. This is keeping with the general adage that it's best not to put all your eggs in one basket.

- Matt

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

What does it feel like? It hurts. But being hurt isn't the same as being "out." I've taken shots in the cash and prizes in sparring and been okay. Unhappy certainly. But okay. Like Matt said, it depends.

4. clemsontkd

clemsontkd New Member

getting hit their by my little brother and "accidentally" by one of the black belts in my club ill say it hurts really bad, if you get hit right. there are actually different situations depending on how you are hit. the three main ones are 1. instant short term pain 2. a delayed pain 3. instant prolonged pain

i would say each is enough to help you make a get away, but expect recovery in a minute or two.
    btw when that black belt got me i cried

5. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

You wanna find out? Come over and we'll show you...!!! <ouch>

j/k :Angel:

Peace...

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I know a guy who passed out when he was kicked there. But then he got kicked so hard in the sparring match it broke his cup.... :eek:

7. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

It hurts... sometimes not, sometimes like hell...

8. Petie D

Petie D New Member

its got to be pretty hard to have effect.

you can get hit there and it feels damn awful, but that wouldn't stop someone whos angry.

hit it HARD. hehe :)

9. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I have been hit in the Gonads in real fights and felt nothing, then I have been hit there lightly and by accident messing around and had to fall over unable to speak, wanting to cry but could'nt and in severe pain.

It depends, if the hit the sweet spot ouch! if your adhrenalin is pumpin then who knows.

We could always have a Gonad kicking competition but I bags throwing the first kick, and after that I am all to willing to declare you the winner:D

Best regards

Pat

10. The Kaiser

The Kaiser New Member

What does it feel like to be hit in the ovaries?

11. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Well if you know your human anatomy, your would have to have very big pointy shoes:eek: Unlike men they do not have a tendancy to dangle, they are hidden way up as they say.

That is why we spend 9 months trying to get out and the rest of our lives trying to get back in;)

Best regards

Pat

12. spooky

spooky Valued Member

Been there!!I took a sharp jab once just above pubic bone.Extreme debilitating pain!!! :eek:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  13. shootodog

shootodog restless native

we're back to nut cracking again are we? :rolleyes: how does it feel? :eek:

like some people have said, it depends on a lot of factors but when it hurts it hurts. one of the worse shots i've taken to the family jewels was in basketball. there was excrutiating pain. everything inside me, groin up, seemed to contract upwards. i couldn't breathe for a moment.

so true. so true.

14. chenstyle44

chenstyle44 Valued Member

Nuts

HI,
    I took a shot there, a kick actually, from an old sparring partner from my boxing days. I was yakking on about how I got the best of him and he took exception and walked over and kicked me in the ovaries!!! :eek:
    I doubled over and tried to get back up, as he was attempting to kick me into unconciousness, and found that I couldnt move. Luckily for me, my newfound friends, jumped this guy and took him out.
    It was kind of funny to see this at the time as they were actually going two on one on this guy and it basically turned into a practice session. One guy holding him and the other pounding him out. Then they let him up and told him to get lost as they kicked his rear out the door.
    Of course the rules of boxing dont allow groin shots, so he really took me by surprise and I had to learn to cover this area from then on.
    We took his beer!! small victory.
    Gordon :Angel:

15. MissBehavin

MissBehavin New Member

Hit to the groin

It just hurts REALLY BADLY!!I can remember in my youth riding my brothers bike and falling on the crossbar and suffering tremendous pain for a couple of hours! :eek: :cry:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  16. edges

edges Valued Member

Booted a training partner in the familly jewels during a training session, he went down like a sack of the brown stuff.

But he got up again after only a minute on the floor and finished the class. He then took two days of work, the first of which was cos he couldn't walk, the second cos he was still in agony.

His missus still doesn't speak to me and that was over a year ago!

The point is with the adrenaline of the heavy class he could take a hit and get up again. When the adrenaline wore off well...............

17. Mike71

Mike71 Valued Member

A friend of mine had both testicles ruptured during a wrestling match (he forgot his cup). He went on to win the match and didn't realize anything had happened until about 20 minutes later when he tried to use the restroom (ahh, shock, what a wonderful thing, eh?). He said his scrotum was swollen up to the size of a large grapefruit. The sight of it made an emergency room nurse turn green. But as I said, he finished and won the wrestling match before he even noticed, so even an extremely well placed shot may not even slow some people down in some circumstances.

--Mike

18. Peter

Peter Valued Member

My Japanese Sensei in Karate described the ability to pull the balls up into the body to avoid the pain of a kick there! :rolleyes: Never quite mastered that one, and didn't want to risk the pain of testing the theory! :D Just the thought brings tears to the eyes! :cry:

I have taken a full kick in the "nuts" and continued sparring. I was once punched there and continued fighting for a few seconds, then went weak and pale and was rolling around the floor. The pain of a well-placed attack leaves the body in a state of shock. The feeling of nausea is considerable. The body seems to just quickly drain of energy, and the feeling of wanting to "throw up" occurs quickly. I found that my legs collapsed too.

Pat, have you had any volunteers for a good "nut-kicking" yet? :D :D :D

Regards to all

Peter
    www.yuli-romo.com
    www.bakbakan.com

19. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

I remember back in highschool, i was playing pool at the local pool hall. i was waiting for my turn to shoot. my friend was slowly creeping his way to me. and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, he just slapped my groin. what sucks is that he hit both of my family jewels. i was literally on the floor, in agony, with tears rolling down my cheeks (my face cheeks! not the other cheeks!). man, was i embarrassed. everyone was looking at me. i was on the floor for a good 5 minutes. *sigh* just thinking back still makes me shudder.

You have ovaries? and all this time i thought you were a guy. tsk tsk tsk. that guy that kicked you wasn't raised right by his mom, huh? how can he kick a girl like that? tsk tsk tsk.

-nico-

20. Petie D

Petie D New Member

sometimes, as a guy, (yeah I do change :Angel: ) a blow to the cojones really hurts where my ovaries would be.

Groin shots always hurt more when you're relaxed, hit by surprise etc.

In combat, its just not a problem, adrenaline is sooo awesome, you can take the most serious damage and keep going. hurts after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.